New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

n00b question

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 04:24 PM
firstimeaccord
Unregistered
Default n00b question

Hello gentlemen,

I'm a first time owner of a honda and more specifically, a 1988 honda accord LX..
My question is I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can find any performance parts for this car?! I've spent endless hours looking online for parts, but I' lucky if i can find anything more than a K&N air filter, some halfway decent suspension kits, and a single exhaust.. being Monza by pacestetter.

If anyone could "help a brotha out" it sure would be stellar. I'm not trying to rice out my car, but I'm used to a V6 so I need a little more giddyup, and I know you know what I'm talking about. =D

Thanks gents

Old 04-06-2008, 08:57 PM
Administrator
Default RE: n00b question

I will have to see if I run across anything that will work on your car.

Welcome to the forums of HAF, glad that you picked us to join:

Do you have the 4cyl and automatic..if so post what you have in the profile area where it says additional information..

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 04-06-2008, 10:11 PM

Welcome to the site. What exactly are you looking for? What are you trying to achieve?

Old 04-16-2008, 01:08 AM
firstimeaccord
Unregistered

Well, I have a 88 LX 2.0L 4-cyclinder automatic
I'm looking to give the car more HP and just all around impove the car
After further investigation I found a pacesetter exhaust which I will probably purchase (after a few paydays haha)
I'm specifically looking for a projector light set up for the car and I'm curious if anyone knows the best way to "jerry-rig" a better intake setup... the current setup is needless to say, insufficent. I'm of course going to get a K&N airfilter, but I wonder if it would be in my best intrest to take the lead to the carb off and just attach one of those standard "universal" fit airfilter and tube from one of the O'Reilys or Advanced Auto. Obviously there isn't a CAI or short ram available since the car is carburated (though i fooled myself and looked anyways heh); however, I think it would be nice to get this little honda to breath better

If anyone can make some suggestions it would be fantastic!!!

Thanks all