New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New car happy dance!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 12:32 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default New car happy dance!

Ok so the car isn't exactly new--it's a 1998 Honda Accord LX but it's new to me!!

I've upgraded from a 1988 accord which I've pretty much driven into the ground. I have plans to drive the newer accord into the ground as well since in about another 10 years is probably when I can afford another upgrade!

I've browsed this site (I need to replace the clock light bulb & the odometer light bulb) and found what I'm looking for. I went to a parts dealer today and they couldn't find anything in their system in regards to a replacement bulb for the clock light... not sure if this is a good sign or a bad sign of things to come? They told me it's easier to bring in the bulb itself. I said hand me a screwdriver, and went outside, popped the clock out, but unfortunately did not look further and did not realize the black screw thingy at the back was the bulb itself. The parts guy told me to go to the local wrecker and get a new clock. lol

My best friend told me to do a happy dance for getting the newer car. I told her I would once I got everything done to it that I want to

Old 02-26-2007, 04:42 AM
Default RE: New car happy dance!

Welcome and congrats on the new Accord. Time to dance?

Old 02-27-2007, 02:35 AM
Administrator

Happy Dance, Yea that sounds good to me too..Welcome to the HAf Honda Person

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 02-27-2007, 11:30 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Sorry about the clock experience but i am shocked that the DEALER did not know about the clock bulb,, that's what i tell them i need when i have to order it ,,
But anyho.. WELCOME to HAF , and thanks for inputting year and model on your signature ,,

Old 04-21-2007, 02:38 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Update: Thanks to a link on this forum, I was able to grab the clock light bulb I needed and install the lil bugger within 5 minutes.

* I got a new stereo (now I just need to work on getting better speakers ;)

* Two weeks ago I was attacked by a dumpster and now have a nice deep gouge on my back passenger side door. It's deep enough that it took the paint away and now I see it's bare self. I'm still torn on whether or not I should try and fix it (sanding, spraying paint required) or just pay the piper and get it done professionally. Yeah... looking forward to THAT bill.

* Did I forget to mention that my starter went last week?

*bangs head on keyboard* No happy dance yet.