New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New to Forum - Thanks for your help so far!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 12:53 PM
Default New to Forum - Thanks for your help so far!

Hi, wanted to join and say thanks for all the help you folks have already provided me!

I just bought a 1995 Accord v6 for quite a steal (and only 101000 miles!) A little rough around the edges, but mechanically sound. Passed emissions, running good, some scheduled maintenance service, we're good right?

Check engine light pops on. No driving symptoms. Okay, sigh, go to auto parts store and have OBD II code pulled for free (instead of the $105 the shop wanted.) Pulls code P0725. Google code, and I ended up here! And thank goodness; that code in my model is often caused by a faulty resistor in my ignition coil. It was a $30 part which I was able to install myself.

Long story short, $105 to determine what was wrong, plus parts and labor was set to be a lot more than the $30 it cost me to get my light off (and my tach working!) You guys have me thinking now I might be able to perform more of my own service work (and save $$$!) Struts are due come nice weather. (Dealership wanted $625, new parts alone will be around $150.) Front engine mount is broken as well, but I have yet to determine if this is something I could possibly do myself with my skill level and the tools available to me.

The money you guys helped me save paid for a new tint job. Thank you very much!

I am here knowing next to nothing about cars, so I'll still need help with my particular car in the future. I want to do stuff myself, but more importantly I want to make sure it's done right. It's nice to know I have somewhere reliable to turn for advice and answers.

I am not the only one; my sister drives a 6th gen, and my father drives a 7th gen. For the life of me I can't figure out why we haven't already found your forum.

Old 02-01-2013, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

Well WELCOME!

Look around in Gen.Tech. or DIY areas. If you don't find something, ask in the Gen.Tech. area and someone will probably come & answer.

Lots of people think "I can't do anything because the car is all computerized..." which is total BS. Sure there's some things that need sophosticated electronic tools, but there's a lot MORE things that are simple wrench-jobs.

Old 02-02-2013, 02:24 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the HAF..Glad to have you with us..

Old 02-02-2013, 07:05 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome aboard, always glad to help and save people money.