Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Sold my Honda Accord sadly, thanks everyone for your help fixing my car

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 02:56 PM
Default Sold my Honda Accord sadly, thanks everyone for your help fixing my car

As many of you may know I had a 2000 accord SE and was coming down with a bunch of problems on it and a tight budget. Sadly and reluctantly, ended up selling it the other day. I almost feel like I don't want belong on the forum anymore but I think I'll stay just because you guys are so great.

First off, I wanna thank our members for helping me out on all the issues I've had and being patient with my inexperience. Anyway, I figure I owe you guys the story of the car's sale.

In the end, my idiocy prevailed again with the car sale. I listed it at 2150 on craigslist and some guy 40 miles away said he would take it for 2200 cash, the extra 50 for me driving all the way out there. As y'all may remember I had a smoke issue with smoke coming out the engine and was told the radiator and thermostat needed to be replaced. I did all that with the help of you guys. So, the problem, by the time I drove to this guy's place, it was midnight, lost patience and when I arrived there, there was serious smoke coming out of the engine bay despite new radiator and all. I hadn't expected that to happen since I replaced the rad and thermostat but I guess something other than that was wrong which I had suspected. Unfortunately for me the guy, in the end, didn't even want to make an offer after seeing all the smoke although the car temps stayed perfectly normal. He did finally say he'd give me 600 and no more just because I came all the way out there. We ended up settling on 650 for a still running car which apparently was on its last leg. Sad to see it go and see it go in such a bad condition after spending over 12 years taking it to the dealer for most servicing and babying it.

Anyway, now I am onto a 2013 Hyundai Sonata, leased car. Good car and I'm still excited about having a newer car. I don't own any other accords but I intend to stay on the forum.

Thanks again guys for all your help.

Old 06-02-2012, 05:35 PM

Good luck with the Sonata. My BIL has a 2012, constantly in the shop. At least your's is a lease, so you should be ok.

Old 06-03-2012, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator

Please stay around and help out where/when you can.....there is no rule that says you have to have one to post/help

Old 06-03-2012, 05:05 PM
Administrator
Talking Hey Man..got a Place For You To Go...

As you know I have a few cars and one one them happens to be a 2004 Hyundai Sonata.
I bought it brand new in April 2004 and I now have a whole 61,000 miles on it.
One of the best dang cars I ever bought, never is in the shop for things that break (none have broken). Get's good gas miles and looks pretty darn good.

This company owns this site also w w w . Hyundai dot com and you will see me in there as WheelBroker 1

Come around and visit us in here every so often and if you wish ... you can visit with me over there..

Thank You for being in here with us for the period you were here.

WheelBrokerAng & WheelBroker 1

Attached Thumbnails Sold my Honda Accord sadly, thanks everyone for your help fixing my car-animated-bar.jpg  
Old 06-03-2012, 09:33 PM

well thanks guys for the responses.. I shall try to stay involved with the forum and help out where I can.

As far as the car, yeah the fact that it's a lease and it's a new car probably will keep it from going to the shop. Three years and it's gone anyway so it won't have the opportunity to age all that much.

@wheelbroker - I will check out the site man..

Old 06-04-2012, 01:38 AM
Administrator

Good Deal , see you over there when your not in here..