New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Guy

Old 06-30-2007, 05:25 PM
tech 470
Unregistered
Default New Guy

Hello everyone! My name is David and I ama full time firefighter and a part time mechanic ata Ford/Chrysler dealership. I own a 1994 Honda Accord with 198000 or so miles on it, but it is in pretty good shape. I have put some euro tail lights, front euro corner lights, and euro bumper/turn signal lights on it. I'm fixing to have all the windows tinted and do a full tune up on it. It's my daily driver since my wife has the new minivan. I used to be a Honda tech at the local Honda dealership so I do have my Honda knowledge, but I'm always looking for more. I hope I can find all the answers that I need and parts that I may be looking for on this forum. Thanks for having me.

Old 06-30-2007, 08:27 PM
Default RE: New Guy

Welcome to the forum, good to see someone with some knowledge, adds on to the rest of the knowledged people we have. Enjoi ur stay and gd luck with all ur mods.

And thankz for serving the community.

Old 06-30-2007, 10:09 PM
Administrator

And Thank you for joining up with us...good to have another vehicle tech on the forums...always is good for another bit of good knowledge from another wrench!

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 07-04-2007, 08:35 AM

Hi, How are you?Welcome to the forum,good to have someone with car knowledge.I have car knowledeg to but i cantfigure thisprob.. that i have with my vehicle.MAybe and hopefully you can.I have an overhating and idle problem.I did my timing belt and waterpump.I also changed my thermostat 3 times..and bleed the anitfreeze for air.the problem that im having is,when the car is warmed up and i drive it for 30 mins,when i come to a stop at red light or parking the vehicle,the car starts to overheat(gauge starts to rise),and the idle starts to rise(gas pedal sticks),idles erratically to 2500rpms then drops to nornal (continously),until i turn it off..but when im off on the road again the same thing..If anyone knows what the problem could be i will greatly apprecaite it.Thank you.

Old 07-04-2007, 12:18 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

you might want to start your own thread....and use spaces after each sentence

Old 07-04-2007, 01:56 PM

I already started my own thread.. this isin regards to tech 470..if he can help me out.

Old 07-06-2007, 06:45 PM

Hi, How are you? Welcome to the forum,good to have someone with car knowledge.I have car

knowledge to but i cantfigure thisprob.. that i have with my vehicle. Maybe and hopefully you can.I have

an overhating and idle problem. I did my timing belt and waterpump.I also changed my thermostat 3

times..and bleed the anitfreeze for air.the problem that im having is,when the car is warmed up and i drive

it for 30 mins,when i come to a stop at red light or parking the vehicle,the car starts to overheat(gauge

starts to rise),and the idle starts to rise(gas pedal sticks),idles erratically to 2500rpms then drops to nornal

(continously),until i turn it off..but when im off on the road again the same thing..If anyone knows what the

problem could be i will greatly apprecaite it.Thank you.