New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New guy here. Take it easy on me, 'K? :) LOL

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 06:26 PM
Default New guy here. Take it easy on me, 'K? :) LOL

I have two Accords right now, a '91 and a '95, both LX 4cyl auto sedans.

The '91 has some issues I'm currently trying to solve. I'll post them in the appropriate forum.

The '95 is mostly mechanicly sound but has sustained a moderate impact on the driver's side. Both driver's side doors are inoperable. I still use this car as a daily driver since I have sold my '99 Saturn. The '92 Tempo mentionedin my signature has been with me since 2001, and it is more of a project now than a car I can get in and drive (though it will run/drive).

I bought the '95 in Washington State for $480, can you believe it? I wanted a car for less than $500 that would make it back to Mississippi. The Accord did just that and I've been driving it ever since. I have repaired the A/C, installed a CD player,andhave doneoil changes as required, but little else. Aside from repairing the body damage (as mentioned below), I plan on doing some basic maintaince like timing belt/water pump replacement, plugs, wires, etc.

I do plan to have the body damage fixed. It will need two doors, a fender, and amarkerlamp (and possibly a door post). I was going to trade the '91 for the work to be done on the '95, but I can find parts cheap enough to make that work.

The '95 runs very well, but a few things dont work on it. Not a huge deal.

On a more personal note, I've owned about 65 cars so far, I'm 26 years old.Mostly Ford products, but I have had two CRXs, a Civic, these Accords, and an Integra. I'm notreally a Honda fan I guess you could say, but I'm notgoing to be stepping on anybody's toes around here if I can help it. I was a member of a Ford-related fourmfor a long time, and there were a few punks who always came around to say how much better their '89 Civic DX was compared to a '06 Fusion.[sm=bicker.gif] I thought it was very disrespectful and I just want you to know that I dont intend on doing that here.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:46 PM
Default RE: New guy here. Take it easy on me, 'K? :) LOL

nice set of vehicles(past and present) and definitely welcome to the forum. my dads been the same with cars forever lol. oh and 5th gen accords rule.