New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Guy From MO

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 11:01 AM
Default New Guy From MO

hey i'm new to the site, just found it trying to find some info for the wifes car. We have a 95 Accord EX 2.2 v-tec with manual trans. car is approaching 230k miles and has been wonderful considering i essentially traded an xbox for it 3 years ago replaced the headlights and front bumper cover(deer damage) and drove it since, the car originally had 4th gear out of it, wouldn't stay in gear so i replaced it, drove almost 50 miles, and heard a snap noise under the car, stop to find a dime size hole in the bottom of the trans, call a friend who had a shop about a mile away drove it to him had another trans put in and no trouble since, been a wonderful car that has never let us down and everything works great on it.

my wife loves it and doesn't ever want to give it up. so i am getting ready to "restore" it lol. sounds strange to me since i normally restore 50's and 60's chevy's lol i am gonna be looking for some upgrade and/or swap info for a low mileage replacement engine and trans. i'll start an actual help/soon to be build thread. and post pics of the little car soon. thanks in advance for any support and advice!!!!

also i'm not new to hondas or swaps, i worked at a honda dealer for 4 years, and i have had several civics, and currently have a 96 integra with a 01 conversions, love hondas but this car has been my first real encounter with rebuilding accords.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum. the 5th Gen Accords certainly are great cars, incredibly reliable and cheap to repair. Good luck with your restoration and we will help you with whatever you need a long the way.