New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New here, welcome me

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 09:30 AM
05Tamcoupe
Unregistered
Default New here, welcome me

Hello guys, I just purchased an 05 Accord, 5spd Silver. I come from a different world (V8, 500+ RWHP) and this is my first 4Cyl car. I have to say that I love the fuel economy and the ride as well. I also own a Lexus RX300.

I will have some questions but I will do my search first. My screen name is 04GTAMPA over at Moddedmustangs.com and Mafia-Motorsports.com. I no longer own Stangs and I'm done fornow with the V8 thing. I'm sure I'll get around to modding this thing a little without sacrificing too much MPG, which is the biggest reason why I got it. First thing will be an audio upgrade, can't stand the speakers the previous owner put in there, some kenwoods 3-way all around.

Anyhow, thanks for all the help in advance. With as much experience and hands-on that I have with the MOD motors, this is totally new to me. In fact, as you can imagine, we joke a lot about the "V-TAK" over at the other forum, but I'm happily a Honda owner, with no torque but with twice the MPG from before. I will look into tuning, nitrous, lowering, wheels, audio and add-ons for this car. Any help or guidance will be appreciated.

EC.

Old 09-02-2008, 11:28 AM
Default RE: New here, welcome me

hey welcome to HAF!! yeah its getting hard cuz of this rising gas prices..but hey thats what these cars are good at...reliability, high mpg, and fun..LOL..

Old 09-02-2008, 11:30 AM

Welcome to the forums, enjoy your stay. Glad to hear that we got another convert. We have a few people here who have or have had stangs. Ive always had a great appreceation for them. The older ones (Read: Steve McQueens Fastback)

Old 09-02-2008, 11:37 AM
05Tamcoupe
Unregistered

Thanks guys. I'll be sure hanging around here from now on. My car still has Factory Warranty, but I am a DIY guy, I'm just going through the forum right now and see what I find.