New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New to the "Honda life"(lol)

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 07:17 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Talking New to the "Honda life"(lol)

I used to have a 2013 Chevy Sonic (don't judge me), and I hated it. Luckily, but, not so luckily it was totaled and I managed to get behind the wheel of a 2010 Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L. So far, all I have done is plasti dipped the grille, had some tint work done, and fixed that HORRIBLE rattle noise from the stock subwoofer via duct tape (has worked for 4 months now). I want to do some more upgrades, but every time I look I can never decide what is actually worth the time, and money doing. So, why not ask here, right?

So, what are some recommendations to give the 2.4L a little more "beef" haha

Plasti Dip result:

Attached Thumbnails New to the "Honda life"(lol)-1-hastida-85335-albums-my-baby-4157-picture-i-hate-chrome-so-i-decided-mess-around-plasti-dip-fi.jpg   New to the "Honda life"(lol)-1-hastida-85335-albums-my-baby-4157-picture-i-hate-chrome-so-i-decided-mess-around-plasti-dip-fi.jpg  
Old 03-10-2015, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

Thank you for joining HAF.

Nice look/change to the front. Does it have a set of fog/driving lights????

Old 03-11-2015, 07:50 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Thanks! Unfortunately, no. I wish it did, this will be my first car without fog lights, and God do I miss it! Haha

Old 03-11-2015, 08:12 AM

[QUOTE=hastida;357160]I used to have a 2013 Chevy Sonic (don't judge me), and I hated it.

Welcome to the Accord forum.

I had a 2011 Ford Fiesta, we all make mistakes. It was always in the shop getting fixed. Traded it in on an Accord with the manual. Took a killing on the trade in value, but the Accord cost a lot less than what I thought it would.

Two things about the Accord, it's been on Car and Driver's 10 best list 29 times! Also look at the reliability ratings in Consumer Reports for the Accord. You just can't go wrong with an Accord.

Old 03-11-2015, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator

[QUOTE=Corvair;357207]
Originally Posted by hastida
I had a 2011 Ford Fiesta, we all make mistakes.
Oh boy did you say a mouthful; my "mistake" was buying a very used and abused 1971 Chevy Vega as my first car. The body was like Swiss Cheese what with all of the rust, the transmission was the old 2-Speed "Slip and Slide PowerGlide", and the engine drank a quart of straight 40-Weight oil every 60 miles.

Old 03-11-2015, 09:40 AM
Newest Of Newbies

I'll put it this way. My Sonic was a 2013 with 60K miles on it. I was driving home one night, with a woman driving behind me while she was stoned. A deer jumped out in front of me, and I hit it doing 60MPH, and then she rear ended me. That car was only worth 8K BEFORE I totaled it. I bought my 2010 Accord EX-L Auto for 19K with 57K on it. Never again will I buy American, ever... Lol I fell in love with my accord the first time I put the pedal to the floor, and it actually got out of its own way. My sonic would make a lot of noise...... Yeah, that's about all it did. Lol

Old 03-11-2015, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator

Funny thing, the Accord is pretty much as "American" as the Sonic (both are built in many factories around the world, including here in the U.S.). FWIW, I've had great luck with American cars (both traditional "American" brands as well as transplant brands built in America), and don't believe I'll ever unilaterally say, "Never again will I buy a car from XXX, ever..." Doing so would prevent choosing from some very desirable options.

Old 03-11-2015, 10:46 AM
Newest Of Newbies

I do believe the sonic and cruise are just rebadged daewoos. I thought I put "American" in quotes considering imports are more American made than domestic.

Old 03-11-2015, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by hastida
Thanks! Unfortunately, no. I wish it did, this will be my first car without fog lights, and God do I miss it! Haha
That was kinda of my failed attempt at a suggestion of a "mod" you might think about

Old 03-12-2015, 08:45 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by poorman212
That was kinda of my failed attempt at a suggestion of a "mod" you might think about
haha! I have actually thought about adding a set of fog lights. However, I want to keep the interior as stock looking as possibly minus adding LED lighting, and maybe plati dipping some of the silver plastic so I can keep the red on black theme. I know the stock accords with the fog lights have the fog light switch built into the headlight switch, so I have no idea if I want to start that project. I can only imagine OEM parts are expensive as hell!

Quick Reply: New to the "Honda life"(lol)