New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New member ~My '94 Accord project~

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 01:07 AM
Default New member ~My '94 Accord project~

Well first off I'd like to say I'm excited about being apart of a new online community. I'm 21 years old and I'm from Austin,Texas and I'm coming from the Yarisworld Forums as I used to be an owner of a 2007 Toyota Yaris I called "Lil Blue". I know some of you are probably laughing right now but it was actually a pretty neat little car after over 3k invested in parts haha. Sadly enough Little blue isn't with us today as he's deceased

About 2 weeks ago I got my hands on a '94 accord LX for $1500 bucks with only 100k on the motor and I think I'm going to put in the work and make it into something I'm proud of and actually want to keep for awhile.

I've already got a set of 18 inch White powdercoated Enkei rims with new tires for a hell of a deal which has already made a huge difference in the car's appearance, but there are definitely things that need to be addressed. It also came with a older pioneer headunit that I have pushing 4 Polk Audio door speakers that I previously installed in my yaris.

~Paint is BADLY oxidized and will need a new paintjob
~I have sweet wheels but have a HUGE fender gap. I need some kind of suspension setup that will work with my budget and eliminate that hideous gap which hopefully you guys can make some suggestions for me
~no window tint breaks my *****
~Going to eventually put together some sort of sub/amp combo to hopefully blow peoples minds.

This is probably going to be long bumpy road for me but I'm sure the end result is going to be fantastic.

Attached Thumbnails New member ~My '94 Accord project~-barney_zpsd112980e.jpg   New member ~My '94 Accord project~-riplilblueee_zpsfa5b9ff3.jpg  

Last edited by ATXAccord; 03-31-2013 at 01:12 AM.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:26 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to HAF.

Sorry to hear about "Blue"....hope everyone else is OK.

Looks like a nice 5th gen find. IMO they are a work horse of a car.....just seem to go and go

At ~100k, do you know when the timing belt was last changed?

Anyway, thanks for joining.

Old 03-31-2013, 07:32 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome. It's looking good so far. For suspension I would recommend function form coilovers.

What other plans do you have for the car?

Old 03-31-2013, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by poorman212
Welcome to HAF.

Sorry to hear about "Blue"....hope everyone else is OK.

Looks like a nice 5th gen find. IMO they are a work horse of a car.....just seem to go and go

At ~100k, do you know when the timing belt was last changed?

Anyway, thanks for joining.
Good to hear its a reliable car, just had my first kiddo 2 months ago so reliability is definitely a plus.

But that's a good question, I know some of the service records are in the passenger side dash so I'll have to check.

Old 03-31-2013, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by live2rice
Welcome. It's looking good so far. For suspension I would recommend function form coilovers.

What other plans do you have for the car?
Thanks for the recommendation I'll have to look into those. The biggest thing to me is getting the stance how I want it. If that means also getting wheel/hub spacers and rolling the fenders then I'll do it, just have to play if by ear. After that's figured out then new paint, window tint and a sound system and that's pretty much it. I'm not planning on messing with the engine or exhaust at all.

Old 04-01-2013, 03:13 PM
Administrator
Talking ** Welcome New Member **

Thank You for joining the HAF..and Thank You for joining up in your past Service Life also..

WheelBrokerAng

Attached Thumbnails New member ~My '94 Accord project~-cibvietnam.jpg  
Attached Images