New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Member.. HELP with buying an Accord!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 06:53 PM
Default New Member.. HELP with buying an Accord!

Hey guys,

My names Rob and looking into buying a 03-07 Honda Accord (3.0 with auto tranny). I'm moving from a 04' RX8 I'm selling right now and needing something with more room and reliable.

Had a big question on how to read the VIN. I know in 05 the hybrid version came out, which I don't really want. How can I tell while searching if the Accord has the 3.0 or 3.0 Hybrid? Do I look at badges on the vehicle/something different looking on it or can I tell from the VIN?

Also, how does the 3.0 with the auto tranny run? I've never owned a Honda before, so any opinions and things to look for during the purchase would be great!

Thanks.

Old 07-23-2009, 03:25 AM
koushoku
Unregistered

Hey there!

Well on a regular 3.0 accord there would only be a badge that says V6 on the back usualy. and on the Hybrid version of the 3.0 there is a badge that says V6 and a badge that says hybrid. And if you take a look on the bottom of the speedometer there will be a indicator that says charge assist gauge. hope that helps! happy hunting.

Old 07-23-2009, 01:33 PM
Administrator
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by koushoku
Hey there!

Well on a regular 3.0 accord there would only be a badge that says V6 on the back usualy. and on the Hybrid version of the 3.0 there is a badge that says V6 and a badge that says hybrid. And if you take a look on the bottom of the speedometer there will be a indicator that says charge assist gauge. hope that helps! happy hunting.
Good info for you to read..thanks member for posting it for him...

Old 07-23-2009, 02:00 PM

If it is a Hybrid, I guarantee you the seller will advertize that as a good selling point. Plus it will cost more.
As far as the automatic transmission goes: I have not heard any complaints on this board.
I have seen a few complaints about the manual transmission being "notchy" though.

Old 07-24-2009, 06:32 PM

Thanks, that helps on the "hybrid" issue. I was also told by a couple Honda dealers that they normally/should have a different style antenna on the roof (taller/more shark fin or euro style looking)as well.

Is there anything to specifically look for on the V6 engines and/or auto's? I know some engines and trannys have certain quarks, as well was ways of telling if certain areas weren't taken care of us well as they should have.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:16 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by EPH6PWR
... I know some engines and trannys have certain quarks...
Mostly up & down quarks. I'd be really worried if any engine had strange quarks.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:03 PM

Bought a 03' V6 Accord EX and been really enjoying it so far. I appreciate all the help during my search. I did have one question for now, when getting the oil changed I noticed a rubber tubing/hose hanging down near the exhaust collector area. I slightly pulled on it to see where it connected and it totally fell off. It is 1-2 ft long (I think, it dragged for a while apparently so one end was worn bad) with white clips on the ends and a black plastic piece in the middle area (has a post to go into something maybe for a midpoint secure or something). The black piece had a part number NF2 OV3S. I couldn't find this part number online and was wondering if ya'll have a source to find it.

Then I can find what piece of tubing it connected to. Thanks!

Last edited by EPH6PWR; 07-29-2009 at 08:05 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:38 AM
Super Moderator

Check www dot hondaautomotiveparts dot com
Click PARTS catalog
Put in your car's information
browse the pictures to see what you can find
Exhaust system = help you pinpoint the location for us? Which exhaust collector - front or rear cylinder bank?

Heater unit or AC evaporator = condensate drain hose?
Some part of the intake system upstream of the filter?

Old 08-02-2009, 10:28 PM

Thanks for the website information, I took it to the Honda dealer and looks like it was just the main windshield wiper tubing. I checked and looked like new tubing was put in place before I bought the vehicle, so someone left the old tubing in the engine area... so we're all good. Was just strange to find it hehe.