New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Member New Accord

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 06:18 PM
dctfn
Unregistered
Default New Member New Accord

Hello Folks,

Just purchased a new Accord EX V6. Drove Lincoln Ls, Acura TL (pricey), Camry, Avalon, Maxima. Need I say more. The best ride was the Acura, although difference in performance negligible compared to the Accord (difference accord road noise). Great dealership. Very pleased with the purchase. Wife just stares at it. Puchased the car primarily for her use. Nighthawk Black with Ivory interior. This is our second Accord. Drove an "85" for more years than I can remember. Anyway I look forward to spending time in conversation with you.

Just got some info from a past post regarding oil change intervals. Very informative. My manual recommends every 7500 mi.or one year. It will be difficult for me to break my old paradigm of 3500 mi.

Best Regards, Fred

Old 05-18-2005, 05:21 PM
Default RE: New Member New Accord

Hey Fred, Welcome from one newbie to another.

Had an 86 accord as well -before my 98 - its nice to keep it all in the accord family

Old 05-19-2005, 02:06 PM
Default RE: New Member New Accord

ORIGINAL: dctfn

Hello Folks,

Just purchased a new Accord EX V6. Drove Lincoln Ls, Acura TL (pricey), Camry, Avalon, Maxima. Need I say more. The best ride was the Acura, although difference in performance negligible compared to the Accord (difference accord road noise). Great dealership. Very pleased with the purchase. Wife just stares at it. Puchased the car primarily for her use. Nighthawk Black with Ivory interior. This is our second Accord. Drove an "85" for more years than I can remember. Anyway I look forward to spending time in conversation with you.

Just got some info from a past post regarding oil change intervals. Very informative. My manual recommends every 7500 mi.or one year. It will be difficult for me to break my old paradigm of 3500 mi.

Best Regards, Fred
I like the 7th Gens, yeah the TL is pricey, but you do get a 20hp bump, better road noise, and probably ride comfort, besides the other goodies Acura gives for not buying a Honda. You get the sedan?