New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New and want some advise-

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 01:35 AM
bmaxbox
Unregistered
Default New and want some advise-

Hey, I'm Brian. I'm 15 and going to get a car soon. I'm getting a car when i'm 15 so that i can pay it off faster without paying any gas or insurance. Parants hopfully gowing 1/2 on the car. I'm looking for somthing i can work on. something i can make look like a somwhat showroom ricer. A okay powerfull car that will be my dd car. I've found a celica near by. i found a accord. and i found a few more but cant make them look awsome. I've wanted a celica for awile but now that i'm into more than the looks, the celica isnt a good choice. So i'm now looking into accords. I found a 1996 accord 4dr ex. $2400. 135k. 2.2 vtec. 145hp. Manual. you know the specs*. Has a body kit but its a sucky bad looking one. Has nice altezza lights. Has okay enginebay with a nice cold air intake. Rims are retarded chrome. So i'm up for this but i want to know what i can do with this. What are my possible engine upgrades? what are my best options for upgrading this car?

So i planed alot out and wanted to have peoples input on this.
*HONDA ACCORD SPIDER STYLE FULL BODY KIT LINK
*stainless steal header/ hi/flow racing cat/not to loud but okay sound muffler/ (ebay)
*Any engine upgrades..small hp gain? any ideahs?
*paint job (cousin would do it, all i need to get is paint)
*rims
*small wing
*Any of your opinions if i like them

So i've planned a little. Dont know if i will get this accord. But pretty shure i will get some accord. So if you have an input on my parts list. and advise, it would be appriciated. See ya- Brian

Old 10-06-2006, 01:49 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: New and want some advise-

Welcome to the forum! There are a ton of mods for the Accord which would probably make you happy! If you really want performance you could always do an engine swap or go turbo up to 8psi w/o modifying the internals. Other than that theres the headers, cat back, plugs, wires, and lighter pulleys or the spray[sm=nxsmile.gif]. Check out cardomain.com and put in the 96-97 accord in the search and youll see some sweet rides! I know Gregorio...hes like in the top 10 and has a cool two tone paint job with some nice body work.

Old 10-10-2006, 03:47 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

be careful on what car you choose as your insurance will be a PITA depending upon what model you get. I found that it cost me MORE to insure my 1994 Accord LX with UIM and liability than it did to insure my LX-V6 (car has immobilizer on it along with ABS) with FULL COVERAGE. I would strongly recomend an accord that is slightly newer (2000 or 01 I4)

Old 10-18-2006, 04:14 AM

ARE YOU GOING FOR A SHOW OR GO CAR? OR A LITTLE OF BOTH? MY ADVICE, DO MOST OF YOUR WORK ON ONE FIRST THEN THE OTHER YOU'LL GET RESULTS YOU CAN SEE, OR FEEL MORE. IT WILL KEEP YOU MOTIVATED FOR MORE DO A LITTLE AT A TIME AND YOU MIGHT WANDER... WELL THATS WHAT HAPPENED TO ME ANYWAYS.