New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Newb checking in + have questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 03:54 PM
acco02
Unregistered
Default Newb checking in + have questions

Hi all, newbie checking in........picking up am '02 Accord SE tonight, 35k miles, nice shape.

This week, i'm planning on changing engine oil & filter, check (and replace if necessary) air filter, plugs. Will also have the transmission fluid flushed.

Given the car only has 35k miles on it, would you have the cambelt changed? I know it should be 60k for this, but the car is 4 + years old & as I recall it should be changed around now based on time rather than mileage - opinions?? Obviously it would give peace of mind if changed.

Anything else to check & or change at this point??

Old 01-08-2007, 04:07 PM
Default RE: Newb checking in + have questions

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like a good car... Just change the fluid don't flush it (tranny), The timing belt is probably fine, you could check it if you like but I'm sure it's fine for another 25k miles or so, then again like you said changing for peace of mind wouldn't hurt either, you might consider plug wires too and a coolant flush if it looks funky...

Old 01-08-2007, 04:29 PM
acco02
Unregistered

Thanks sir-nasty, hadn't considered plug wires & forgot about coolant flush- duh!!

Why change the tranny fluid rather than flush, just curious??? It is an auto btw.

Old 01-08-2007, 07:30 PM
Administrator

Hello New Member and Welcome to the HAF..

We will help you out in here and give you most all the information for your car that you can handel...

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 01-09-2007, 02:31 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

I dont think the tranny flushes are to good for it. Sir_Nasty knows about 1000x more than I do, so he will most likely explain why.

Old 01-09-2007, 06:31 PM

I'm not sure of the true logistics of it so to speak but I've heard from a number of people that honda's react better to just drain and fills and a full flush.... A few people have just done a drain/fill then wait 500-1000 miles and do it again. As far as why I don't know.... and sticking to honda ATF is the only way to go.... I did a search to see if I could locate why and all I could find was a Sr. Transmission tech saying the same thing that it isn't good for them.....

http://cartalk.com/board/showthreade...age=0&vc=1

Old 01-10-2007, 02:56 AM

Hello everyone, yes I'm a Newbie to the site but I been reading from the forum for some time and it have some great information. Okay, I have a 92 Accord Ex and just order a swap for my F22a toJDM H22a and was wonder what a good suspension that I can put on it, look to drop 1 to 2 in. I would like to know if you where going to make changes to it, is it better to go a head and it while the eng is out on the ground. If someone can give me list or some help on some of the things I can get first, I'm want to get up to250 whp. I'm try to order all my parts now because I'm current in Afghanistan until Oct 2007 and they said my engine should get there about two week and I will be going on home the end of next month for 2 weeks. Thanks for all your help a head of time.