New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Newb here from Florida 96 ex

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 06:26 PM
Teh_Gone
Unregistered
Default Newb here from Florida 96 ex

Hey guys, I was looking around for some bucket seats and I thought it would be good to join this forum to look around since eh I have lots of things I'm getting rid of and custom making myself so eh. Thought it'd be cool.

I haven't done much too the car unless you're a stock liking person. Here's a list
1)Polk Audio subs + infinity amp
2)pioneer 6x9s + power acoustik amp
3) sony explodes up front
4) Torn out headunit along with everything else in bezel and replaced with molded LCD and rocker switches for things in car
5) Cold air intake (haven't had much time to do any other engine mods yet due to annoying parents)
6) Dual rear mount battery
7) Making a rear center console housing a computer + power inverter
8) Remaking center armrest into switch board for windows and computer power
9) Center armrest has cd/dvd drive mounted in
10) Remaking my entire trunk with ABS plastic (the planning is looking good)
11) Front Bumper that my bro put on for me while I was away... that bastard got to my car....But I like it so no worries.
12) Catback Exhaust
13) TEIN suspension + lowered
14) I need rear seat custom made
15) I need bucket seats.
16) New hood, new left+right rear quarter panels, trunk, bumper, getting the roof repainted, and the doors, and the front side fenders.
17) Oh and some of those crappy Halo Headlights. I just like how they work at night. Very strong.
18) Had taillights but they got smashed when a friend of mine rear ended me.... >_<....so I'm looking for better looking ones.

Anyways, the car was bought from my parents back in I believe 98 when my brother had it until I was 16 years old which was less than 2 years ago. I'm about 6 months shy of being 18 with parents that hate when I do stuff to the engine of my car so I'm avoiding that right now instead I'm redoing all the electronics and interior to match what I want. No electronic raising of the seat or anything since I don't need/want it. In other words... I'm stripping out the pointless stuff besides A/C and a few other luxuries. Here are pictures of how it's looking so far.

Name:  IMG_3807_1.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  29.8 KBName:  IMG_5278_1.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  70.1 KBName:  IMG_5281_1.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  53.9 KBName:  IMG_5308_1.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  62.3 KBName:  IMG_5336_1.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  17.1 KBName:  IMG_4936_1.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  39.1 KB

Name:  IMG_5326_1.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  20.3 KB

Name:  IMG_5311_1.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  46.8 KB

However, I was unable to find the smaller bumper turn signal lights that were clear. I bought about 3 sets from sites that said they were the small ones but they all lied and I got fed up with looking for them.

I need to redo the carpeting in the car aswell. Sooner or later I'm going to tear the guages out and get some old fashioned aftermarket guages. It will look pretty nice. Anyway I'm done freaking out in here.

REMEMBER IF ANY OF YOU HAVE ANY KNOWLEDGE ON DECENTLY PRICED BUCKET SEATS TELL ME WHERE!!!!!!!!! Thanks!

-Gone

Old 12-21-2006, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Newb here from Florida 96 ex

welcome to the forums, love the car, may i suggest putting some rims on it. And I also share the problem of annoying parents that are against performance mods.

Old 12-21-2006, 06:45 PM
Teh_Gone
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: live2rice

welcome to the forums, love the car, may i suggest putting some rims on it. And I also share the problem of annoying parents that are against performance mods.
Yeah, I agree with the rims part as well, my parents however don't want me doing that so I'll have to get to that as soon as I move to Michigan for college and plus every set I see that I like is like 400 per wheel and I'm like hell no! lol. I want some nice 15"ers. My brother had gold ones on it and every accessory on the exterior such as honda emblems and lighting/reflector fixtures. Let me tell you.. it looked like utter destruction, it was pathetically hideous. ugh.

Old 12-21-2006, 07:11 PM

have you looked though the parts for sale or contacted a junk yard for seats?

Old 12-21-2006, 10:06 PM
Teh_Gone
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

have you looked though the parts for sale or contacted a junk yard for seats?
yeah I checked what everyone had to sale at all of the forums I am a member of. Seems like accords are hard to find decent bucket seats. Most of the junkyards I've searched only had the old version of the bucket seats that had no formation of the foam at all. I'm asking around for places around here in the industrial districts so hopefully I will find some sooner or later. I found tons of upholstry places, however, they didn't even know. But yay I'll have someplace to get my custom rear seat made up! heh.