New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

newbie here....

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 12:59 AM
Default RE: newbie here....

ORIGINAL: stevephy

Ditto here - apology - knowledge is power. I was looking at your profile and saw 'Ford Tech', and thought 'I bet this guy could teach us a thing or two - at least!' What do you do? Build engines, body work? I'm not sure what a 'Tech' could be, I'm sure it could be many things.

The father of a friend was an American car freak. He had some serious cars that were classic American muscle. Two Grad Prix ('71 & '70), a Malibu, and few others. They were all sick. Something you could really be proud to own.

Sadly, he's having to get rid of one after the other...
im a ford heavy line tech...mainly diesel motors (probably 50% of my work)....but i also do a lot of gas motors, differential, 4x4, etc work....if it isnt "light"......its what i work on........Marc

Old 03-18-2006, 01:02 AM

all of what you said for yourself is the base principal for building true and reliable horsepower and torque in any motor....which also proves you are not one of the guys i was bashing on.......if ONE componant in a motor is not able to withstand the power you are going to put out...the whole motor is in jepordy and all that money you spend is down the drain over a 20 dollar upgrade.....but you know all this so ill quit rambling....lol........Marc

Old 03-18-2006, 02:20 AM
Administrator

Now that you are all back to being alright, I would like to Welcome You to the forums...

WheelBrokerAng[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 03-18-2006, 07:00 AM
AmericanMuscle7.3
Unregistered

Hey Marc I saw you're a diesel mechanic. Well what d'ya know? I have a 99 F250 7.3, slightly modded with only a chip, exhaust, lowered gear ratio and a torque converter lockup switch. There are honda's here in Indy, and i've never lost to any of them. How they can justify being fast at high 13 second quarter mile times in a relatively light, 4 cylinder aerodynamic car is beyond my comprehension. How's it sound if I am keeping up with or beating these little "fast" cars in my truck which has the aerodynamics of a concrete block, nearly double the tire diameter, and almost 3 times the weight? I live in Indy and every summer these guys come out from all over town, only to be disappointed that they couldn't beat a vehicle with tires taller than the their entire car! Some of them have painted body kits, but most of them look like they arrived on their doorstep, pulled them from the box, broke open a crate of school glue and went to work. They look like hell. I specialize in my own painting service for them though but the only color I offer is diesel smoke black. I had a guy last summer tell me he was running a ton of boost. I asked him, he said 16lbs.....I told him I was hitting close to 35lbs (33lbs peak so far) with my stock turbo and he thought I was bs'n him until he caught up with me what seemed like 20 trucklenths later and gave me a thumbs up. What a joke.....your hondas sound good with mild mufflers, but they sound like a terrible fart gone wrong all opened up. Oh, and any exhaust tip larger than 3 inches was meant for a truck. I ain't tryin to bash, i'm just tired of the big talk on little cars that don't go.....at least not like they claim they do

Old 03-18-2006, 04:39 PM
2001shrtbedcummins
Unregistered

Yea it's always funny when the little ricer kiddies get jealous of the size of my tip. But I NEED it. Then it's even more funny when the get wasted #2 in their faces when I blast em. Just get tired of these stupid little punks. Power was made for real vehicles. I line up my buzzin half duzzin against yours.

Old 03-18-2006, 06:58 PM

I really don't know why you idiots are racing your trucks. I doubt they could even break 14 seconds.

I'll keep you guys in mind when I need some dirt moved though.

Old 03-18-2006, 10:25 PM
2001shrtbedcummins
Unregistered

Well there are plenty of us that can break 14 seconds and hook up and haul all of the japanese junk home when it blows up.

Old 03-20-2006, 10:20 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle7.3

Hey Marc I saw you're a diesel mechanic. Well what d'ya know? I have a 99 F250 7.3, slightly modded with only a chip, exhaust, lowered gear ratio and a torque converter lockup switch. There are honda's here in Indy, and i've never lost to any of them. How they can justify being fast at high 13 second quarter mile times in a relatively light, 4 cylinder aerodynamic car is beyond my comprehension. How's it sound if I am keeping up with or beating these little "fast" cars in my truck which has the aerodynamics of a concrete block, nearly double the tire diameter, and almost 3 times the weight? I live in Indy and every summer these guys come out from all over town, only to be disappointed that they couldn't beat a vehicle with tires taller than the their entire car! Some of them have painted body kits, but most of them look like they arrived on their doorstep, pulled them from the box, broke open a crate of school glue and went to work. They look like hell. I specialize in my own painting service for them though but the only color I offer is diesel smoke black. I had a guy last summer tell me he was running a ton of boost. I asked him, he said 16lbs.....I told him I was hitting close to 35lbs (33lbs peak so far) with my stock turbo and he thought I was bs'n him until he caught up with me what seemed like 20 trucklenths later and gave me a thumbs up. What a joke.....your hondas sound good with mild mufflers, but they sound like a terrible fart gone wrong all opened up. Oh, and any exhaust tip larger than 3 inches was meant for a truck. I ain't tryin to bash, i'm just tired of the big talk on little cars that don't go.....at least not like they claim they do
What's all the Honda bashing about guys? The people on here have done nothing to upset you. Probably don't even know you.
In the UK (and the US I guess), we call guys like you trolls see Internet Troll.

I love American muscle, particularly 68-69 Mustang (not bothered about cubic inch) as they look fantastic. I even like the new Mustang, but of course because Ford have ran out of ideas they have to start copying their own designs now.

My pal has a B E A utiful 1970 383 Dodge Charger. It goes like stink (in a straight line). He would obliterate my Accord, I would not see him for dust. However and my pal will agree (he also owns a 2.0 litre Turbo Subaru Forrester), that as soon as you add a bend or two then it all changes.

I am not having ago at your trucks. I like to think that all car entusiasts are on the same side. Some cars just do things better than others.

Even the Ricers (This is some word play on Jap street racers?) are doing what they do because they enjoy it. Live and let live