New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Newish Member - Looking at an 05 6 speed V6

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 02:22 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Newish Member - Looking at an 05 6 speed V6

Hi.

I test drove an 05 6 speed at the local dealer and it drove very good. I'm concerned with the miles though as it has over 113k miles on it. Do these things have any major issues to look into? I noticed once that the shifter popped out of 3rd gear while upshifting though I'm not sure if that was user error or if that was part of a recall that was not performed on the vehicle.

They won't sell the car without a warranty, so its strictly as-is. I really do not want to buy a car then have something go wrong within a week of driving it because someone used a bandaid repair to cover something up.

I'm going to do some research but I'm still a little giddy about driving it lol. Thanks.

Old 01-05-2013, 04:20 PM
Administrator

Would not buy it with out a warranty. They won't sell you one, then they must be scared of the car them selves..

Run a car fax on it.. use this link that the forum owners provide for all of our members..

https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/forums/vindecoder.php

Old 01-05-2013, 11:27 PM

I'd walk away from this car. The mileage isn't a concern, but the fact that it popped out of 3rd during your test drive is a worry, as is the fact that there is no warranty.

There are lots of seventh generation Accords available used. Keep looking, and when you find another you like, get a Carfax report, as per WheelBroker's suggestion.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:33 PM
Newest Of Newbies

OK. Thanks for the responses. They do have a carfax available with it both online and in the car itself. Seemed to be maintained well regarding oil changes at the dealer, but I think there was a recall for the transmission popping out of gear and it does not list that service being done on it (it does list the power steering thing though).

link: 2005 Honda Accord EX Plymouth MI

I was very impressed with how the car drove despite the mileage, but no warranty at all is pretty scary. I'm still giddy from the drive, but I will probably say "no thanks without a warranty". Thanks.

Maybe if its still on the lot a few months down the road they may offer a warranty for it LOL (snowball's chance in hell).