New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

North Dakota

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 03:04 PM
Default North Dakota

Whats crack'n? Long time Honda enthusiast here, but this is the first time I've had the chance to buy a nice H worth sharing. Had kids at a young age, so my I've always bought a vehicle based on practicality, availability, and obviously cost. I love 90's Hondas. Back when I was a kid, my buddies and I would sit and talk to his dad over his 69 z28, and joke about how one day, our Hondas will be classics, and now here we are! So, my mom picked up a second car from the junk yard, a 94 accord lx. 120k, normal Honda rust, clean interior, nice car for $500. She let me drive it as long as i fixed it and made it road worthy. After a little tlc, i realized that it was time for me to get into my own H. I started shopping craigslist, found a really nice '92 accord, white, wagon, mint. 90k on the clock, the kid who had it said it belonged to his grandma, original owner. This thing was mint, and the kid only wanted $600. only problem was the car had been sitting and the front main seal dried up. It's -30 in these here parts on the regular, and I have no place to do the work. So sad. So I keep shopping. I talk send a few emails, and not finding anything practical for me. I see a post, it had been up for a few weeks, no pictures though. A '96 accord, water pump done @ 175k, 5spd. Thats about all the info they posted. I sent an email thinking it was going to just be some bullsh*t. The guy sends me some pics immediately. The pics look ok. Green, 4dr, primer dr fender, rust spot behind trim on passenger front door, minor hole in rear bumper (same side) leather interior, moonroof, not to shabby from the pics. Dood wants 1200 for it. We meet up, and damn is it nice! the car had 218k on the clock, all highway. Pop the hood, 2.2 vtech. Hellyeah.jpg. test drive, runs good, clutch good, nice! So the guy tells me that he is the second owner, and has kept documents of the maintenance! I'm sold at 1200, seems reasonable. So now I have this top of the line 96 accord, and I've never been happier with the purchase of a vehicle. So here is what it is:
96 Accord EX
2.2 vtech 5 spd
4dr, leather
moonroof, foglights
6disc changer,
everything but the v6.

I got the picks i got from the email, but they look like sh*t. And it's cold as ***** here, so I'm waiting for it to warm up a bit to clean it and take some pics. I know its kinda a long read, but thats the short and sweet on how i got my sweet BUTT classic Honda (19yrs, @ 20 it will officially be a classic). I'll be posting more on the progress once the the spring comes, and i can actually do work outside. Anyways, My name is Roger, my H is the Ebonhwk, Greetings from up north!

Old 02-23-2015, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to HAF Roger.

The 5th gens are one of my favorite gens (still like the little old 3rd gens more )

Thanks for joining - let us know if we can help with anything.

Old 02-24-2015, 03:18 AM
Former Sponsor

Hello Roger and welcome on board! Great to have you joined us. Congratulations on your purchase, may you receive years upon years of faithful service from it!

Old 02-27-2015, 12:37 AM
Administrator
Talking ** Hello New Member**

Thank You for joining the forums..

WheelBrokerAng

Attached Thumbnails North Dakota-northdakota.jpg