New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Possible Accord Purchase... thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 08:33 PM
Default RE: Possible Accord Purchase... thoughts?

Thanks for invoice price on the car. We are already pre approved for a loan, so that doens't concern me. But in essence, you're having your customers take out a extra money from their loan? Doesn't make much financial sense to me, but whatever floats your boat. If they can't afford a few months of payments they probably shouldn't be looking at that car. But, who are you or I, to tell them that.

I'm putting out some more feelers for quotes. It seems 26,615 is the best so far. And looking at that NADA invoice price, it's only $250 over invoice. We may go with it if we don't hear anything back from some of these other guys.

Old 03-21-2006, 08:49 PM

no no... I'm not a salesman myself I'm in charge of customer service... and I would never tell a customer to take out extra cash... .I was just saying that I myself prefer to do that due to the ridiculous cost of registration in Montana.... and NEVER pay asking price... I.E. Sticker price

Old 03-21-2006, 09:20 PM

Yeah, we saw sticker and shuddered for a second. We got one response back from the internet, "We can not match that price." All I could think to myself was, okay... you don't want to negotiate? WTF?!

Old 03-22-2006, 07:00 PM
Administrator

Hello New Member, Welcome to the forums...

Never pay Full price for any car and change your oil when your supposed to by your warranty's recomondations or before it and you cant go wrong..

Again WELCOME!!!

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 03-22-2006, 08:03 PM
2_Honda_family
Unregistered

I agree with WheelBroker... Honda has a 3% holdback so even selling at invoice gives them a profit. Never pay MSRP!

Old 03-23-2006, 01:52 PM

We do everything by the book in regards to oil changes and tuneups. And it usually gets done at home. I typically don't buy brand new, either. When you buy VW's , there's a huge depreciation (except for the R32... which has held its value very well).

Thanks for the holdback info. That's great information.

Old 03-25-2006, 04:29 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

um no i would tell them 21000 thousand for it CASH. then walk out. they will call you back

Old 03-27-2006, 01:13 PM

ORIGINAL: WifeysBrokenJetta

We do everything by the book in regards to oil changes and tuneups. And it usually gets done at home. I typically don't buy brand new, either. When you buy VW's , there's a huge depreciation (except for the R32... which has held its value very well).

Thanks for the holdback info. That's great information.
That's no joke.... my GF bought a 2005 with like 1000 miles on it or something and it's eating us.... She doesn't realize it and I'm not going to tell her but the car is already worth like 2 grand less than what her loan is.... and that's in 7 months time....

Old 03-27-2006, 01:45 PM

Okay, we're picking the car up today. I'm waiting for the a fax of the offer and also to ask about Honda financing. We recieved the lowest rate at the local c.u., but I heard Honda has a 3.9% rate which would be killer. The car is virtually loaded and she's happy. That's all I can ask for. She's not into much bling (on her car), but I'm gonna have to buy that Hybrid spoiler just to give it a little character.

Old 03-27-2006, 01:54 PM

Congrats on the new purchase! and 3.9% would rock... that's an amazing intrest rate... Post some pictures when you get it if you can!

Quick Reply: Possible Accord Purchase... thoughts?