New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Potential problem with RF Key

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 07:18 PM
roneden
Unregistered
Default Potential problem with RF Key

Hi All,
I would like to share with you a problem i expiranced with my Honda Accord, At the office we received RF key and i attached it to my car keys chain. After some time inoticed weird noise during ignition but didn't take care of it. During a 60mile per hour drive at the middle of the road my car just stopped working and all the systems failed. I am quite luckyending it without damages.

At the Honda garage the techniction told me i need to replace the Alternator and the reason was that the electronic board of the ignition is seneative to RF signal and my key was the reason for it. He showed me with the new Alternator that he can simulate the problem.

So anyone that has an RF key, keep it in a different place!

did anyone expiranced the same problam?

Thanks,
Ron

Old 01-03-2008, 05:42 PM
Default RE: Potential problem with RF Key

Hey Ron welcome to the club,, lets first start off by setting up your profile, also set up your Signature please so we know what you have, Very important before posting question chances are the answer you are looking for is already here, you just have to search (top of the home page) then if you still cant find the answer to your problem you can post a thread and well all help you out as much as we can, thanx Welcome once again,, and put some pictures up to