New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Problems with 2008 Accord Coupe 2.4 liter 5 speed

Old 12-27-2008, 11:57 PM
hondajet
Unregistered
Default Problems with 2008 Accord Coupe 2.4 liter 5 speed

Hi,

I am proud to own a 1980 Honda CB 750F motorbike, and bought
a 2008 Accord Coupe EXL, 2.4 liter, manual 5 speed, this summer.

I have been very disappointed on the low RPM performance, the motor
bogs coming off the line, and "drags" coming up to revs - soon as I
shift, it bogs in the next gear.

Part of the problem is, Honda made the gears too wide, and motor does not make enough torque at low revs – this is what variable valve timing is supposed to do, so they missed the point. The 2.4 liter motor should be offered with a 6 speed, do you hear me Honda!

I am convinced that the other problem is Honda tried so hard for this car to meet the ultra low emission standard, that the fuel injection is programmed to make it run too lean. Having changed carburetor jets many times on my 750, I know this symptom. And,the standard exhaust is choking the motor. Tried a K+N filter, actually make it run worse.

So – looking for advice on companies that will reprogram the ECU to make it run richer, or, ways to trick it into running richer. Also, quality after market pipes, which are not much louder
than stock.

Gas mileage is lousy for a motor this size, then again, I have to rev it high to keep from boging.

Handling is lousy also. I put most the blame on the soft Michelin tires, can fix that soon as I wear them out, and put on my favorite Bridgestones.

Saw a good looking wing on one, it is not Honda’s. Now want a wing to help make car go in a straight line. Appreciate suggestions on makers of wings also.

Thanks, READ BELOW

Hondajet Hi.. Take notice to your right where it says sponsor SportWing Just click on it >>>>>>>>>over there>>>>>>>>>>>& gt;>>>>>>>>>>>&gt ;>>>>>>>

Old 12-28-2008, 08:23 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Problems with 2008 Accord Coupe 2.4 liter 5 speed

I dont understand why you bought a car you dont like to drive.... and I dont think Honda missed the point, I think you missed the point of Honda. The Accord, in now way, shape or form has ever been advertised and fast and Lotus-like handling.

Look into Hondata, they may offer an ECU reflash for the K24 motor.

Old 12-28-2008, 11:26 AM
Administrator
Default RE: Problems with 2008 Accord Coupe 2.4 liter 5 speed

Hello New Member..sorry about your problems but I think they may be unfounded and they can be fixed with a little patience...

WheelBrokerAng