New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Sad, former Accord owner

Old 01-27-2012, 09:43 AM
Default Sad, former Accord owner

As of today, I am no longer an Accord owner. I had purchased a certified used Accord about 6 months ago. During the last six months I have been very pleased with my Honda. It drove great, did good on gas, and I felt it was very reliable.

Well, 3 days ago tragedy visited me. A large deer ran in front of me as I was traveling north on 9W in the town of New Windsor. I was going about 50 MPH and struck the deer with the center of my bumper. The deers legs were swept out from under it, and the 160 pound body smashed into my hood pushing in the hood and severely damaging the radiator. The engine kept running smoothly as I didnt even have time to brake. The deer slid off my hood and into my windshield. The windshield held strong and the deer was launched no less then 10 feet into the air. I was wearing my seatbelt and suffered no personal injury. The deer was much less fortunate. I drove my honda into a nearby parking lot to assess the damage. Ill add that it still drove flawlessly. The local police were called and they came and shot the deer and gave me a report for my insurance. Since my lights were all still working, I figured Id drive my Honda home. But alas, the radiator leaked out and the engine started to overheat so I had to get it towed.
The insurance adjuster decided the car was to be totaled. Im amazed by that decision. Im fortunate that the settlement paid off my debt....but now I am without a car.
I will miss my Honda. It served me for only 6 months, but it served me well.
Thank you Honda!

Old 01-27-2012, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for joining, anyway. Got any pictures?

Sorry for your car but I bet you're glad you weren't hurt.