New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

shopping for cars....

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 07:27 PM
rico567
Unregistered
Default shopping for cars....

I might be described as a "prospective Accorder." My mother and sister have quite a history of Accord ownership, but a new '07 EX-L would be our first Accord....or Honda, for that matter. At present, we are long-time SAAB drivers, considering the change not so much of any issues with the car as dealer proximity. While the Accord seems a compromise in some respects, it may be our best choice. Looking forward to learning a lot.

Old 03-10-2007, 09:28 PM
Default RE: shopping for cars....

If you are a SAAB person I'm not sure how a "common" Accord would suit you. SAAB's are a bitquirky (no offense) and their drivers enjoy them. I would test drive several Hondasprior to pulling the trigger. On the other hand...if reliability, good fuel economy, and outstanding resale appeal to you....you just might enjoy one.

Almost all recent SAAB's are turbos so if you are used to that performance drive a V-6 Accord.

Old 03-10-2007, 09:49 PM
Administrator

[sm=happy046.gif]RTexasF has said it all in his post:
I just want to say Hello to you New Members her at the HAF!
Enjoy your time in this forum, it's a great one:

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 03-10-2007, 10:36 PM
Super Moderator

Hey, I like them both. Drive one & see. What kind of Saabs?My wife hashad an '89 900,nowshe has an'01 9³.She lets medrive them (whenever the gas tank is empty...) Now I've gota Saabaru 9²x. Those Saabs are different from each other, so what do you like about Saabs? We liked them for the hatchback, which now isn't available any more.

An Accord can be more reliable, but really, that's about keeping after the maintenance. That's true for any car.

Our '03 Accord is 4-cyl 5-spd. What type are you thinking about?

Old 03-11-2007, 09:20 AM
rico567
Unregistered

Interestingly enough, we also drove SAAB hatchbacks, until they did away with them with the introduction of the 9-5. We have found happiness with the wagon, however....which is one of the reservations we must overcome before moving to an Accord, since Honda no longer offers a wagon. We are currently leasing an '04 SAAB 9-5 Arc Wagon. We test drove a 4-cyl EX yesterday, and my wife was positively impressed. This says a lot for the Accord, since she is strongly "bonded" to her SAAB. Personally, the thing that impresses me the most is the driver's seating position. It's adequate for me (I'm 6' 6" and 280 lbs), although not quite as much room as the SAAB.

As far as a prospective model is concerned, we are strictly manual transmission drivers, and we'll likely do as "RTexasF" suggests, and get a V-6. I'm thinking the EX-L with the V6 and 6-speed MT......

Old 03-11-2007, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

Drive a manual Accord. For me, the shift lever is in an awkward position. Of course, that's just me. You'll decide if it's OK for you.