Tires & Wheels What wheels are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Tire shopping with no experience....help me!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 02:59 PM
BLT4SPD
Unregistered
Default Tire shopping with no experience....help me!

I want to put some 18's on my 08 LX-P and I think I'm going to go with a black with chrome lip rims, or something along those lines. I don't want to go with chrome and put that much bling on my car. But I have no idea where to start for buying tires. I want something affordable, but I don't want something that sucks in bad weather. Although in winter I'll switch back to my old tires and rims. Anyone have any suggestions for a 235/45/18 that's not going to break the bank?

Old 10-22-2008, 03:08 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Tire shopping with no experience....help me!

An all-season tire with a high treadwear is a good place to start.

Check this one out: http://www.tirerack com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=Ecsta+ASX&a mp;partnum=345WR8EASX&vehicleSearch=false& fromCompare1=yes&place=0

Kumho Ecsta ASX are extremely popular tires and they have a treadwear of 420 for $120/ea

http://www.tirerack com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Pilot+Sp ort+A%2FS+Plus&partnum=345YR8PSASXL&vehicl eSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes&place=0

Michelin PilotSport A/S Plus... michelins are known to be good, they're the OE supplier of Honda, but are known for road noise. 500 treadwear @ $218.00/ea

Old 10-22-2008, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

I would recommend the Falken ZE tires series, there area few different models, all will offer you good performance on dry tarmac as well as in wet/snow conditions, they will run you about $150 a tire

Old 10-22-2008, 04:47 PM

I love my Bridgestone Turanza Serenity tires. They cost me a little less than$600 after balance & alignment (they also came with free tire rotations for life as well as a 70,000 mile tread warranty)
Excellent, I mean excellent, handling in the rain. I can't even tell the roads are wet.
They are marketed as a touring/performance tire for upscale sedans (i.e. BMW, Infity, Lexux) and have a high speed rating as well (I can't remember the exact rating.)
The only downside is the tread pattern is pretty ugly and weird looking, but who really looks at the tread pattern anyway?

Old 10-29-2008, 08:50 AM

Is it good to get the optional road hazard thing for the tires? I am getting some new tires soon and im not sure wether to get that or not.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:34 AM

look i work at Town fair tire, i HIGHLY recomend any road hazard, becasue say if you get a nail very close to your side wall, its unfixable, and needs to be replaced, with out road hazard your shelling out proably another $100 for a new tire, where as if you had road hazard they will replace it for free
and all i have to say is:

TOYO TOYO TOYO TOYO TOYO TOYO
and or Mastercrafts

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd

I love my Bridgestone Turanza Serenity tires. They cost me a little less than$600 after balance & alignment (they also came with free tire rotations for life as well as a 70,000 mile tread warranty)
Excellent, I mean excellent, handling in the rain. I can't even tell the roads are wet.
They are marketed as a touring/performance tire for upscale sedans (i.e. BMW, Infity, Lexux) and have a high speed rating as well (I can't remember the exact rating.)
The only downside is the tread pattern is pretty ugly and weird looking, but who really looks at the tread pattern anyway?
that tire looks bizar, lol

Old 10-29-2008, 11:11 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I have Toyo Spectrum on mah steelies right now, probably my favorite rubber to drive on at the moment or my Kumho Ecsta Supra 712s. To the OP, did you decide on a tire?