New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Stuck with 92 accord ex

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 03:18 PM
Red face Stuck with 92 accord ex

Dont let thread title deceive, i love Hondas, and have had this accord since 98, been a good car its old, ex who is a Honda tech on 30 years, well at least 20 of them a Honda tech, has sorta ditched me, so i left to find info for my self. Initial thing bright me here was turn signals and hazard lights not working while fuses are fine.
Have come to conclusion is relay switch, and oddly enough ex agrees. lets hope he helps me out.
And also a users signature prompted me to join, as its a song lyric I think about often, but dont see often so struck me as sort of an omen to join.
So that's me in a nut shell.
Hope to learn more of how to maintain what im stuck with on my own.
Had CRV 97 that was basically taken back from me, and re given the old 92 accord.
'So must make the most of a difficult situation..

Old 11-14-2013, 03:21 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the HAF...

Old 11-14-2013, 07:14 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, welcome to HAF.

Not really the place for this question of mine - most of the time we "do this" in General Tech - Are you going for the turn signal relay or the hazard switch? Did the "ex" leave a voltmeter around you could use to do some testing?

EDIT: And I'll guess the "song thing" is me - Which is it Lita Ford/Ozzy or Harry Chapin?

Last edited by poorman212; 11-14-2013 at 07:23 PM.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:44 AM

Thanks Wheel for the warm welcome.
poorman, sorry for posting question in wrong forum, i really wasn't posting it as a question, as i already figured out the problem myself, i was just introducing my self, and what brought me here and prompted me to join.
and it was your bottom signature that clinched it for me to join.
I dont proclaim to own claim to that Ozzy/Lita song Lyric, but is one of my faves, and i dont see it quoted often, so it sorta jumped out at me further telling me what the heck, go ahead and join, likely to have loads of other issues with this accord, actually i do have many issues with it that i will direct in proper forums to seek advice or suggestions.
Also ex and I both agree its the relay to answer your question, no he left no voltmeter, but i think my land lady has one.
I'm holding out faith hes gonna help me out, as he knows exactly what hes doing and proficient at it, as im green and liable to botch it up.
Re reading your post I see you did already guessed it was your song quote that told me what the hay what i got to lose by joining and learn some valuable info on my car. Also wasn't aware this was a Chapin song? learned something new.
Thanks for the welcome. look forward to learning a bit more about my car besides whats in the manual, that may be of priceless info I may not find elsewhere.....

Old 11-15-2013, 07:33 AM
Super Moderator

You did nothing wrong.

I was talking about "me" getting into Tech stuff here