New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Wow it's about time I post my intro!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 12:33 PM
Thumbs up Update:

Took a pic of my rebuilt F22 with powder coated Valve cover! I should have gone H22 but funds were tight and we just had a baby!

Old 12-13-2010, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

gen5alive haha, I haven't heard from that site in like 2 years since the owner was found out to be a scammer.

Welcome though.

Old 12-13-2010, 01:59 PM

Yeah I went to that shop when I was first stationed here and didn't know too many people, its still the only strictly 5th gen site around lol. I got to know some of the customers and the owner, also have made attempts to try to resolve issues but they have had a ton of complaints that I have sill not been able to get any straight answers about hence the "F" rating by the BBB.

I'm still a regular on their site and an admin there tho, its almost completely separated from the shop besides the name and several links to it.

Old 12-13-2010, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah thats what I heard the last time I was on there that Kevin didnt have much to do with it anymore. The only ill expierence I had with it was paying $150 for a $100 part(wanted to try to support a gen 5 business) and then it took 3 months to get when I could have had it for $50 cheaper and had it within a week from elsewhere. Then I just never ordered from them again.

Thanks for your service, and I'm sorry you got stationed in the worst state, when I go in in a year I'll take any state over commiefornia. Heck I'll take foreign countries over it.

Old 12-14-2010, 01:18 AM
Administrator

I see you..Great to have you back in the forums...

Old 12-14-2010, 03:09 PM

Thanks!

HAHAHA Yeah I wish I could just ask where to get stationed but its the Marine Corps, they'll station you where they need you the most and Camp Pendleton being the largest military installation on the west coast and one of three of our major bases It was inevitable lol. So East coast West coast or Japan that's it for Marines.

As far as "that shop we do not speak of" I was doing the same, trying to keep my business with a "friend" and with someone who I thought had the same interests as myself but I was sadly mistaken.

There are a ton of other shops out there with people who know how to run a business and know how to treat their loyal customers, this one is not one of them...