Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Deciding to go turbo

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 12:04 AM
Default Deciding to go turbo

i decided a while back to go turbo yet havent had anywhere close to the funds...well lets just say i came upon some funds and im considering getting a turbo. actually yes im getting one...just need to know a few things...ive done a lil searching on the forum and 6 psi seems about right up my alley...maybe even 7...well are there any sets in the 1500-2000 range??...not tryna have a race car or anything just a quick sleeper...and from a lil reading i see i need a tranny cooler...so whats prolly the cheapest route i can go??

Old 02-03-2009, 01:40 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I will only say this on this thread... You will not find a complete turbo setup for 1500-2000 range..
You musr take into consideration the other parts to keep a turbo motor functional,and functioning properly..

The words cheap and turbo doesn't belong together,just like ketchup and soup.

Old 02-03-2009, 11:29 AM

From what ive heard here i think you would need at least $3000, and still do alot of the work yourself. Just look up a bunch of the old threads until you find a list of what you need with price estimates.

Also you must have an automatic trans if youre talkin about puttin in a trans cooler, i would be worried about trans failure with the extra hp, but youre right definately put in the cooler if you wanna try turbo.

Personally i would swap the auto trans for a 5spd, that will help you get a little more whp, plus the lower gears will give you faster accel. Its also alot cheaper and easier to do.

Old 02-03-2009, 11:56 AM

I'm going to try and never ever touch this thread...

Old 02-03-2009, 12:01 PM

yeah i almost forgot about those few pages of bs written a week or 2 ago. I too am done posting on this thread.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:07 AM

skatingclaybird can tell you everything that you need to know about cheap kits that will kill your car.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:42 PM

whoa...lol..youre saying itll be cheaper and easier to swap my tranny for a manual plus getting a turbo....how can it possibly be cheaper??...or do you mean in the long run??..as far as replacing if the tranny goes out...etc etc....and where in sam hill will i find a 5spd??...salvage yard??

Old 02-04-2009, 07:43 PM

Junk yard. Piece o cake, bet you can find one for $350.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:58 AM
93 10 aniv accord
Unregistered
Default supercharger in a accord is that something to consider

This guy at my local car show has one, and think a turbo need to wind up and super is working right off the start is it a good idea

Old 02-05-2009, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by finch13
Junk yard. Piece o cake, bet you can find one for $350.
hmm ok..well..do you know anywhere i can get it put it??...cuz see thing is..i dont have any equipment...now buzzsaws no drills...no none of that..so i wouldnt have the proper equipment...hell i dont even have a lever jack...lol...so getting it ok...i got that down...but puttin it in??..that runs about how much??..oh and also should i jus put the turbo in myself or have it done??

Quick Reply: Deciding to go turbo