Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Electric Turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 10:04 PM
Default RE: Electric Turbo?

Well, if I ever do get a turbo for my car it would DEFINITELY be after I get a new motor. So my next upgrade would be an H22 head so I can upgrade my car from a SOHC to DOHC. I will also mild the motor to make the mileage zero.

Old 06-07-2007, 09:05 AM

ORIGINAL: marbro

it creates a restriction because of the fact that there is more stuff in the way, ie the fan itself is making a 2.5inch+ inlet into less then an inch at any given moment, on top of that superchangers electric or not arent as efficient unless you have them right on top of the intake side of the head. Hence why you see most superchargers as the intake manifold.
Dont expect a fan the size of your fist to give you extra hp, cause if it could everyone and their pet monkey would have one in their car. About the only fan that will give you extra hp is an industrial high flow fan, but good luck mounting that to your intake..... and its also not cost effective or practical
The only good electric superchargers are not cost effective
I totally agree. I just didn't want to take the time to write out all of my thoughts. Good job Marbro

Old 06-07-2007, 01:18 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

can u change the head of the engine to a H22? does this mean greater power and more boost (been able to put more psi) for a turbo engine? How's that done?

Old 06-07-2007, 02:44 PM

Having a dohc head means more tuneability and more aggressive cams over the f22/23's. Which allows for more hp cause you can tune the intake and exaust sides independently. Its not a needed if you plan on running a turbo because with a turbo the ecu is going to be the point of most of the tuning. But how you build the engine is going to decide how much boost you run

Old 06-07-2007, 03:43 PM

No I've just heard in general that if you're planning on turbocharging a car you have to change a lot of parts of the car because a turbo in a stock car can cause failures.

Old 06-07-2007, 03:46 PM

Marbro,

Of course it's going to create more restriction if the fan is off but the entire point of this electric turbo is that when the fan is on it's forcing more air into the throttle body. It's like a regular turbo except it's powered electrically (which by the way is a HUGE difference between a regular turbo and electric).

But compared to a regular AEM sri, having this electric turbo should definitely increase power when it's on.

Old 06-07-2007, 05:31 PM

that only holds true depending on how much boost you run, and you would like to think so ^_- if the fan blades are designed properly and maintain the pressure required through the whole system then yeah, i can believe that it would be effective and give a heafty increase in hp, but you arent going to find that kind of design and R&D in a 60 dollar product. theres only a select few electric superchargers that increase hp and like i have already said, its not cost effective.

If you would like i can give you 60 bucks in stickers that will add about as much hp as that electric supercharger will.

http://www.electricsupercharger.com/products-eram.html This has R&D behind it i wonder why it only produces 1psi, i guess R&D isnt worth much nowadays

but if you want a real electric supercharger http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/04...ger/index.html there ya go

Old 06-07-2007, 09:20 PM

The first link doesn't work, and the 2nd link just explains the product, no way to purchase it from the site. I see what you mean by the whole product being a cheap product that won't do anything. But if I were to get a very good quality electric supercharger that you state isn't "cost effective", then name some of those brands so I can look into them. The whole reason why I'm doing this is because I don't want to spend a couple G's on a real turbo, especially on an automatic.

Old 06-08-2007, 06:54 AM

http://www.electricsupercharger.com/ is the first link, sometimes you can experiement with a link to get it to work, especially when when the difference is the html file name. but either way, 300$ for 1 psi

and the second link is complete custom work, im sure if that thing were a package it would be well over 5000 cause for what ive seen no one makes real superchargers that way

and even if you got something that actually pushed 3psi you would still be putting wear on an automatic all the more reason to either work on the car as a whole and improve it or do nothing and just get wait for it to die, and get an STi ^_^

Old 06-09-2007, 04:13 PM

maybe in a decade or two, electric turbos will be the next big thing....until then, stay away from them.

Quick Reply: Electric Turbo?