Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

hydrogen injection

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 10:43 PM
japo2336
Unregistered
Default hydrogen injection

Does anyone have any pro's/con's on these?

http://www.savefuel.ca/hydrogen/

Old 12-21-2007, 02:33 AM
Default RE: hydrogen injection

I went and checked out the website and then googled oxy-hydrogen. Other than a couple of websites saying its tremendously flammable, I don't see why it wouldn't work as they say. My question is, why wouldn't I just make it myself? Plenty of websites teach you how to make them and looking at the parts on the website makes it pretty self explanatory on how to hook it up. Red wire to positive side of batter to one screw post on the generator (although all the websites put the posts on the bottom) black wire to negative side of battery to other screw post. Water and potassium hydroxide (i believe is what I read) in the chamber, screw the top on and voila, put a silicon line that's ****** into the screw top that gets tapped into your intake piping and you're done. I would put an on off switch on the power lines so that it can be turned on/off or just wire it into something that is only on when the car is.

The potassium hydroxide acts an electrolyte allowing the current to flow through the water which decomposes the water into its basic elements, hydrogen and oxygen, thusly you get oxy-hydrogen. I don't know how they do it but the website I found says that it should be dispersed into water so as to not spark inside the generator itself which makes it go BOOM, that wouldn't be so good in your engine bay. Anyways, if anyone else finds out morre about this, let me know. I'm not going to drop 250 bucks on it but if all it takes to make it is 30 dollars in parts, I'm all over that shizzy, just to see what happens.

Old 12-21-2007, 07:47 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Why not just do methanol injection?

Old 12-21-2007, 08:35 AM

because methanol has carbon to convert to co2, a greenhouse gas ..... and water is so much easier to come by.

Old 12-21-2007, 10:49 AM

I'm not sure how the above company does everything in one cylinder unless they aren't doing any of the "lets make sure we're safe" parts. But here is a complete how to, he doesn't give installation instructions but very good visual diagrams to follow. Just follow the link

http://peswiki.com/index.php/OS:Joe_...abi%27s_e-Cell

On the page is a step by step to build the actual cell, which I couldn't find anywhere else.

Old 12-21-2007, 10:54 AM

ORIGINAL: falkore24

because methanol has carbon to convert to co2, a greenhouse gas ..... and water is so much easier to come by.
Apparently you have no idea what I was talking about.

http://www.snowperformance.net/index.php

Old 12-21-2007, 11:03 AM

ORIGINAL: BlkCurrantKord

ORIGINAL: falkore24

Apparently you have no idea what I was talking about.

http://www.snowperformance.net/index.php
Why do you say that?

Old 12-21-2007, 11:35 AM

I think this thread isn't necesarily about more power. The Oxy-Hydrogen assist set-up doesn't add a ton of horse power that I know of, I'm sure it adds some but not much. It's primarily for better mpg and also the fact that its clean. On top of that, water is still WAY easier to get then methanol. Go to your sink, I bet water comes out and not methanol. And if you do it right you stop by the grocery store and get distilled water, I don't know about other grocery stores but mine doesn't sell methanol.

And for diesels, a methanol/propane/water injection makes even more horsepower. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that would blowup our hondas.

Old 12-21-2007, 01:08 PM

You guys amaze me sometimes.

Old 12-21-2007, 03:15 PM

I amaze myself sometimes too

Quick Reply: hydrogen injection