Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Just some Questions On A F22b1 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 05:46 PM
Default Just some Questions On A F22b1 turbo

whats up everyone? i'm in the processes of installing a turbo kit i bought from ebay...and i was just wondering if all the stock parts are fine, i will be running 8psi...and when i say stock part everything is stock...except the fuel rail.., will i need to get it tuned or can i tune it my self with a snap-on modis?..also just rebuilt the whole engine with stock oem parts...just dont want to start it and have it blow up lol thanks for the advice i get...

Old 06-17-2010, 12:55 AM

Which kit did you buy??? Well if you have rebuilt the motor and all internals are new, has or was the motor been broken in properly??? Also when you say rebuilt, what all was replaced??? You will more than likely want to take it somewhere or pay someone to tune your car after installation... It is very time consuming and takes some know how... Not just any jo-blow can tune a car... As long as you dont just start giving it hell after startup, then it shouldnt blow up, unless however you made some mistakes in the installation somewhere... When installing turbo kits take your time and septuple check everything like 100 times...lol...

Old 06-17-2010, 04:09 PM

i took a motor that had 157k on it and gutted it...then had the block check and cleaned along with the head,cam,crank...got bearings for it..had all the head parts checked and cleaned...and as far as the motor it has not been started yet...still hooking things up...and about the tuner with the modis i have been around cars all my life...dad owns a garage...so i mean i juss was wondering if the fuel trims is all i need to adjust or do i need to change vtec engagement and stuff like that...the kit i bought was from a ebay store speeddaddy...the f22 (22 peice) t04e kit

Old 06-18-2010, 12:04 AM

Have you looked into hondata for your tuner...The modis is just a diagnostic tool correct??? Your fuel tables will need to be adjusted as well as other things... Ive never done a turbo setup on a honda vtec motor, but there are hundreds or thousands of people who have and could give you better information... Get on honda-tech and look around a little bit... Im sure you will find better information there for your application...

Old 06-25-2010, 10:55 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I just finished a turbo setup on the same engine. You do not need to mess with the vtec at all. The only reason i could think of changing it is to match or compliment your turbo spooling but your not running enough boost for that. Yes your fuel needs to be adjusted of course. Id run bigger injectors and a bigger fuel pump if your not already. Your ignition will need to be modified. I recommend a MSD aftermarket coil and cap (converts to a high powered external coil) with NGK plugs of course. Hondata is probably the best way to tune the car, OBD 1 or 2. And as for tuning you will need to get it tuned by a pro who can also set up the Hondata or flash the ecu (Unless you or your dad has alot of experience doing that I wouldnt try it many horror stories of ecus getting messed up). Good luck!