Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

New to forum- What do you prefer!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 06:06 AM
Newest Of Newbies

everyone wants to know why a supercharger over a turbo?? heres the deal, with an automatic tranny, neither one is really the best idea, but you gotta think that a turbo pushes out a good amount of stress on the engine and tranny at high rpms all at one time, where as a sc builds up power from idle, so the stress on the motor is gradually increased instead of all at one time. . go with sc, its a lot less work to install, and you will like the low end power better, and btw to anyone who thinks I am knocking on turbos, I own a turbo mr2, its just my opinion for your situation

Old 10-12-2010, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by burninfuel
everyone wants to know why a supercharger over a turbo?? heres the deal, with an automatic tranny, neither one is really the best idea, but you gotta think that a turbo pushes out a good amount of stress on the engine and tranny at high rpms all at one time, where as a sc builds up power from idle, so the stress on the motor is gradually increased instead of all at one time. . go with sc, its a lot less work to install, and you will like the low end power better, and btw to anyone who thinks I am knocking on turbos, I own a turbo mr2, its just my opinion for your situation
Well i hate to call people out on their ideas, but this one bothered me a little... First off u r right on the auto thing...unless ur tranny has Been built for power, it's kinda useless, although that will be in ur future anywho... But you have the turbo/super thing all so wrong.. The turbo has to build up boost and the supercharger which is belt driven provides instant power... Common misconception... Also installing a proper turbo kit or just a universal kit can ne just as easy if not easier than installing a supercharger...