Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Nos kit wanted to consult everyone

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 08:54 PM
Default Nos kit wanted to consult everyone

I am going to buy this kit tomorrow if all of you think its a good deal.
It is a NOS brand kit. It is used. It is a single fogger wet system with upgraded cheater solenoids. It comes with a purge kit and bottle blanket. What all do I have to check and make sure is included because i don't wanna get boned for $250? Do you think a used nos kit is worth buying? Do you guys think all that is worth $250. I don't know if the bottle is empty or not so lets assume it is.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:25 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: Nos kit wanted to consult everyone

Well nitrous is pretty hard on a vehicle from my understanding, and having an A/T doesn't help. If you plan on using your NOS regularly I would add a transmission cooler first.

Price wise, look up the kit on the net, compare prices, and compare what comes w/ the used one and new.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:43 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

x2 on the tranny cooler. I know nothing about nitrous, but I would try to limit the pressure so less is sprayed. Try and limit it to a 25-50 shot to keep the stress down on the internals. $250 sounds like a fairly good deal.

Old 05-01-2008, 08:01 AM

whats a good brand of tranny cooler? will an ebat tranny cooler work? and a couple people on this forum said it was alrite to run a 75 shot on stock internals

Old 05-01-2008, 10:45 AM

I'd stick to a 60 shot max on an F22 motor. A 75 shot would be fine, but I'd play it safe. The shot is limited through the jetting or orifice (pill), not bottle pressure. You should add a bottle heater to get a more consistant bottle pressure and also to extend bottle life. The sudden drop in bottle temperature from spraying causes thermodynamic strain and weakens the bottle over time. The heater helps lessen this effect in addition to the pressure benefit.

My recommended N2O setup for your F22:

On/Off switch
relays to combine functions to 1 switch
fused power feed for heater
WOT Switch
Window Switch
Bottle
Bottle blanket
Bottle heater
Bottle Pressure Guage
Pressure limit control
Remote bottle opener
35, 50 & 60 shot pills or jetting
Purge system

Setup:
On/Off Switch - When you turn on the switch, the bottle opens, heater energizes and activation controls arm. When you turn off the switch, the bottle closes, heater shuts down and controls shut down and lock out the solenoids.

High Bottle Pressure - When the bottle pressure reaches an adjustable high limit, the power to the heater is inturrupted. This is the effect. In reality, the pressure control system should be fail-safe so the relay would be normally open and energized to close when the system is turned on via the on/off switch. When the pressure gets to the high limit, the relay is opened.

Spray activation - WOT and Window switches are combined in series so that either can prevent spray discharge. This way, you have to be in the right rpm window AND have the pedal to the floor. This will prevent overleaning due to partial throttle activation and also so the spray stops automatically just before a gear change ...... and so you don't kill the motor by spraying at too low an rpm ..... I'd keep it above 2800 if I were you.

Purge - This should be powered and controlled completely separate from the main system controls. The reason is that after the system is shut down and the bottle is fully closed, you should purge the pressure from the system. This will prevent unnecessary wear to the N2O solenoid, line and bottle valve hardware. In addition, a quick purge shot before activation will ensure a consistant spray and A/F mixture.

Old 05-01-2008, 12:01 PM

Thanx a ton folklore and everyone else. So folklore you don't think i need a tranny cooler? I was always under the impression a bottle blanket was the same thing as a bottle warmer. The kit includes a purge kit so i'm safe there. Folklore where can i find the two switches and the relay you were talking about? would the remote bottle opener, pressure limit control, pressure gauge come with the kit? and the kit does come with 50 and 75 shot jets.

Old 05-01-2008, 12:03 PM

How hard are those switches and relay to hook up?

Old 05-01-2008, 12:07 PM

thanxs Falkore... learned a lot in this thread...

Old 05-01-2008, 12:10 PM

I do think the tranny cooler is a good idea, I just don't include that as a part of the N2O system. Definately get that as it is a cheap part for a lot of added safety. If you understand relays and switches, the wiring is pretty straight forward. The combo Window/WOT trigger can be bought pre-made. The blanket is just that, a blanket of insulation. I'm pretty sure that the high limit pressure control is never included in a kit, but I could be wrong. I'm sure that you could order whatever jets that you want for whatever shot that you want to spray.

..... And when did I become folk-lore? I'm not that old you know!

Old 05-01-2008, 01:56 PM

Everytime i looked at your name and pic i just thought it was falklore til i looked close right now. Sorry.
Can i get an ebay tranny cooler or is there a specific brand people think is better?

Quick Reply: Nos kit wanted to consult everyone