Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Spam or good deal???

Old 10-02-2007, 11:39 PM
Default Spam or good deal???

Found this online just today...
http://cgi.ebay.c/ebaymotors/TURBO_W...spagenameZWDVW
and
http://cgi.ebay.coymotors/TURBO_W0QQ...spagenameZWDVW

Both looks promising with its details but have anyone here experience anything with this?

This is an XS Power Turbo Kit

Any help would be greatly appreciated because I have been looking for a Turbokit for my 98 Accord V6 Automatic for sooooooo long and this is the first one I saw for sale...just hopin it works.

THANKS!

Old 10-02-2007, 11:43 PM
Default RE: Spam or good deal???

either way, the downpipe is going to be hanging way too low and say bye bye to your tranny.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:17 AM

Hi,
Can you please elaborate on the downpide being too low and the "bye bye to tranny" part? I don't know much about these turbo things but open to learn so if you can help, that will be great...I really want to take the sluggish off my car...haha
Thanks

Old 10-03-2007, 12:52 AM

The 98+ model accords equipped with the v6 engine have faulty trannies. The fail rate of those trannies are 51% which is more than half. By installing a turbo, you increase that chance to even 99% since the extra power hits the tranny, and the tranny cannot withstand that force of added power.
The other thing is the downpipe which connect to the intercooler. The easiest way is the one shown here Name:  intercooler.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  18.2 KB
See how low the downpipe hangs? By going over a speedbump or potholes, you're just asking for trouble. Of course there's always around to everything. A custom fab downpipe, but that will cost alot.
And there is a solution to the tranny also, which is to swap in a manual.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:09 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

wow. that looks terrible with the pipe there.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:59 AM

Neither couldpossibly be a quality product for that low of a price. Plus both items say "All sales are final." & "No tech support." What are you going to do if parts don't fit or something is left out? I also saw one feedback that said "parts missing and wrong parts." I wouldn't even think about buying this. It looks like a piece of crap to me. I good turbo "kit" is going to run you around$4k. You could probably piece one together for $1,500 or $2k if you got good deals on the individual parts.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:31 AM

i would also like to note, thats not a down pipe..... thats the charge piping/innercooler piping...... the downpipe is what comes off the turbo exaust connecting it to the cat (assuming you have one)

Old 10-03-2007, 12:09 PM

Hey all,

So as for my 98 Accord V6 Auto....there can't be any mods done to speed it up then huh? Since some of you recommend not to because the TRANNY can't handle it. I actually got the Tranny replace @ 107K and I still have about 15K left of the warranty. The model I have is really nice lookin but it sucks that you can't seem to add anything to it.

If I decide to throw in nitrous, will the V6 Auto be able to handle it and the brand VENOM with the computer shut-off, is that the best way?

Thanks guys!

Old 10-03-2007, 12:39 PM

I plan to go with a NX 75 wet shot. Get a hayden 403 tranny cooler first though.

Old 10-03-2007, 01:08 PM

ORIGINAL: falkore24

I plan to go with a NX 75 wet shot. Get a hayden 403 tranny cooler first though.
Listen to him ^. he knows what he is talking about. I wouldn't put anything made by VENOM on my car.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Spam or good deal???