Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

A stupid question (But needs an answer)

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 01:37 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: A stupid question (But needs an answer)

I'd go with the SC, but SC or turbo would work for your car. The sc gives low-end torque AND has no slam of power, but it cost you at the pump a bit. For max power, you could go turbo and add a 35 wet nitrous shot with a window switch to activate from 2200 to 3500 rpm. This will spool the turbo quicker and give you the low-end boost that Honda's lack.

Old 10-02-2007, 01:48 PM

ORIGINAL: pyaarawala

How about save up for a 4 75 shot nitrous kits for each cylinder (if i4), 4 turbos for each wheel, and 4 superchargers for each wheel. Perhaps even save for a front engine and a rear engine, and add 2 more wheels and make it a 6WD. Don't forget a huge spoiler.
Thats a great idea, i think ill get a turbo diesel and put it in the trunk. Then ill have dual exhaust. this are awsome ideas thx fellas

Old 10-02-2007, 02:13 PM

If you do the turbo deisel, you have to put the 4" vertical pipes in from the F250!!!!

Old 10-02-2007, 02:41 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: falkore24

If you do the turbo deisel, you have to put the 4" vertical pipes in from the F250!!!!
The first truck and only truck to have stacks from the factory were the 1978-1979 Dodge Lil Red Express' (we've got one) and the Dakota Lil reds they made in the 90's. It drives me nuts when people put those things on there when they arent factory!!!

Old 10-02-2007, 02:58 PM

Worse than a park bench spoiler???

Old 10-02-2007, 03:17 PM

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

The 96 Accord EX manual tranny doesn't have, nor has it ever had a 51% failure rate that I'm aware of....are you thinking of the 98-02 trannies stevent?

Shikaro, I'd say go with a turbo at 6 psi of boost and a tranny cooler and you'll be fine as long as you don't floor it every time you move. True it will mildly shorten the life of your tranny but not any catastrophic amount.
Yep. I was talking about the 98 to the current models since a few people have said they have gone in and gotten their trannies replaced. The previous models before the 98 have stronger trannies. And this is in reference to automatics, not manuals since the topic starter has an automatic.
I dont want the topic starter to pay out of pocket should his tranny blow up, which costs about 3k for the tranny alone. Whereas, if there is no foul play (FI), then more than likely Honda would either pay the full cost or split the cost with you.

Old 10-02-2007, 03:26 PM

The person who started the topic has a 96 ex auto not one of the newer ones.... I had to look at one of his older posts to figure it out since I realized that he never mentiones what car he has in this thread (not that I saw). Nor is it in the signature... I orgionally was thinking the same way you were, I'd never turbo a 98-02 automatic tranny, I would however do it to a 96.

Old 10-02-2007, 03:31 PM

There is no current company that makes a supercharger for a Honda Accord 4cyl, so SC is not an option. Unless he wants to pay someone tons of money to custom make one.

Old 10-02-2007, 03:36 PM

So I don't have a choice with the SC (Not that I was considering it...) I originally wanted a Turbo, I just needed to know a few specs before I made any final decisions.

Edit: Oops, didn't know my sig wasn't showing up >_<

Old 10-02-2007, 03:43 PM

ORIGINAL: falkore24

Worse than a park bench spoiler???
nothing is worse than those. i just want to rip them off the car wheni see them. Personally i love the small lip spoiler. But how on earth could these people think that they need that much downforce? *Checks around room for people with giant spoilers*

Quick Reply: A stupid question (But needs an answer)