Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

turbo kits

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 01:58 AM
Default turbo kits

Hmm what do you guys think of this kit ? i have been saving up money for a turbo i could finally get it and im going to a technical school right now so things isnt really hard to understand ... but still turbos r confusing me a little
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-02...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 07-20-2006, 03:44 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: turbo kits

i cant even tell whats actually included in the kit....but a tail style wastegate is not what you want. you need to have a real turbonetics or a real tial gate. it might be the most important part of the turbo and you have to trust it.

Old 07-20-2006, 10:41 AM

what if he buys the kit and another proper wastegate would it work then

Old 07-20-2006, 10:46 AM

I dunno, I'd be wary of anything you get on eBay, especially if it's not a name brand.

Not to say that I don't purchase things off of eBay, I do, but there are items that almost look like they are made to be sold on eBay.

If you can find an item that you could find at a retail store or at a reputable Internet site, on eBay, and it states that it IS that item, yeah, I would buy.

Always make sure to ask as many questions as possible, otherwise it's a binding contract, and your feedback rating could be affected.

StevePhy

Old 07-20-2006, 02:18 PM

well then i think that kit is overpriced. what year and model car are we looking at here?

Old 07-20-2006, 06:30 PM

accord 01 ex hmm i think it comes wit the inter cooler and the boost controller for 750 bucks wit the pipes n **** lol but u ppl has better experience than me so im guessin ill just follow wit wut u got on the forum with the turbo kit lightshow posted hmm but i wonder if they have the 01 accord manifold

Old 07-21-2006, 12:44 AM

Doesn't include the manifold... ebay can be a great place to buy stuff (90% of my turbo kit parts were purchased off ebay), but I would be careful since I really think there are going to be some piping issues as well as the questionable quality of the parts. When you do something like turboing a motor that was never meant to be boosted, you shouldn't cut corners.

Old 08-12-2006, 06:03 PM

Sorry to be mean, but dont buy full kits off ebay, are you STUPID?!....really...wow. Maybe small parts here and there....but...if you want something that wont leak or blow up your engine...pay the extra money....not a cheap 500 bucks...500 bucks would buy you a real nice turbo itself, and some extra money for BOV. Even if you build up a full kit , a good built kit still costs a good 2k or so....there are the rare miracles of putting together something that lasts a lil...but for durability and driveability, throw out 2500+ for a quality turbocharger.....

and you go to tech school?....anyone who knows anything about driveability, and durability will tell you spend the extra money...plus warranty....ebay is horrible for most things....they only good for a few rare parts....you save 500 bucks? come on now, thats like a weeks worth of work....

sorry for being, mean, but dont pay 500 for ur engine to blow up or that to blow and damage ur engine bay....be smart...pay extra for quality products...

Old 08-12-2006, 07:26 PM
Newest Of Newbies

old post or not, i beleive there are rules against flaming here and the above post looks to fit every criteria... incredibly rude...

Old 08-13-2006, 02:25 AM

Ok, if you look at the purchased parts after you get them, and can tell the parts are not quality then you know you were hosed. But the fact that you think all parts on ebay are junk proves you are a person that either never buys from ebay, or are just angry cause you didnt pay attention to some aspect or didnt look at the fact the guy had a 50% approval rating. The turbo i bought for 235 is perfect, the seals the bearings everything about it perfect. Considering you can make most of those parts out of a mod thats been around for years now they can afford to sell it for cheaper, and the rebuild kits on those are less then 100 dollars the rest of the parts are simple systems, considering every mechanical part of a turbo system is simple and the turbo itself is the most complex part you really need to understand the areas you can cut back on, now, if you found someone who paid 100 bucks for an upgraded ecu for the turbo.... then i would agree with you on the risk involved there, cause that ecu is anything but simple. But dont attack people because you know less about something then they do.

Quick Reply: turbo kits