Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Turbo q's

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 03:16 PM
Default Turbo q's

I know this question is already listed in pretty much the same form in this thread but I have a '91 Accord 4-door and was looking for someone that might have the same car and has put a turbo on it. I know the f22 or f23 have been mentioned to me before, but i have never really learned the whole process. I am really looking to make this car run beautiful and fast. I have also a '90 Accord for parts so if anyone needs anything let me know. Any feedback about personal dealings with the turbos or any links that will give me the information that I need would be awesome. Thanks again.

Old 01-04-2006, 04:26 PM
Default RE: Turbo q's

There's a lot to learn in going custom (properly). But pre-made: www.turbokits.com Should run fine w/ a pre-made kit under low boost, turbo is never recommended for high mileage engines, unless you rebuild.

What are you looking to learn?

Old 01-06-2006, 02:08 PM

Since I just picked up a '90 Accord I am going to take apart that motor to really find out all I can about the engine itself. I have an ASE mechanic for my best friend so he knows a lot more than I do. All I really need is someone that has either gotten mad power from the stock 2.2L SOHC Accord engine or have completed a f22a6 or something like that. And off the bat, which one is cheaper and what would really provide the most bang for the buck. Thanks for the help.

Old 01-06-2006, 06:36 PM
chile
Unregistered

man, you're posting everywhere...lol. replied to your original thread and e-mail.

Old 01-07-2006, 12:12 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

hey cowboy, id be happy to explain in detail how to tc a f22 i have done it a few times. the motor will easily handle about 400 hp. im not going to go into too much detail let me know if you want more info.

you can easily run 1/2 mbar or 7 psi on an old *** stock motor. should be good for (horsepower you have right now times 1.5). you need

turbo manifold (revhard or someother company, about 250 bucks)
turbo (easiest and cheapest is a 2g eclipse turbo with wastegate) wastegate actuator needs to be bent in a little to change the cut. like 100

boost dependant fmu. to make sure that there is sufficient fuel under boost. cut the return fuel line running back to the tank. put the fmu in there.

your map sensor hates boost so youll need something to bleed it off. you can go ghetto with the 5 check valves. or a really nice piece of equipment that is cheap as **** is the syanpsis missing link. 50 bucks bitch.

well youl also need a bov blow off valve.

the damn turbo has to be oiled at least. (it wouldnt be a bad idea to water it too.)

take off the oil sender and screw in a t fitting. run a steel braided hos from that to the turbo. then pull off the oil pan and tap in a fitting to that. fluid comes from the oild sender and it goes into the oil pan.

thats about it for 200 hp. im sure i missed a few things and fo sho youll be hitting checker and ace hardware about 100 times thoughout the install, and i didnt even say that you will need to hit a muff shop for a custom intake and exhaust. and intercooler is always a good idea too

lightshow

Old 01-07-2006, 12:22 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

now if you want to do things real big youll need to contact aebs they are serious about old *** hondas. youll want to go with a gt series garret and semi closed block.

lightshow