Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

|Now What Do We Do ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 11:54 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: |Now What Do We Do ?

flagstaff is a total pot town. i've never touched the stuff, and never will, but i must say that I took it for granted in lafayette when i would show up to bowl league and my team wasnt stoned.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:59 AM

ORIGINAL: live2rice

this is where i must disagree with you and say marijuana is a drug.
I agree base on the fact that it changes how you feel. Asprin is a drug, alcohol is a drug and heroin is a drug yet only 1 of these is illegal. I also agree with toofat that marijuana should not be illegal if alcohol is since it has been proven that from many angles, pot isn't nearly as bad for your health or as impairing as alcohol.

FACT: Marijuana was initially made illegal to protect this country's cotton industry that at the time was a leading export. Hemp has been proven to be a better material for clothing and industrial uses such as twine and burlap, is much more renewable, easier and cheaper to grow and process, etc. America is no longer an industrial country, so the initial intent of the law had to be skewed to the current -war on drugs- for our government to retain some control.

/rant

Old 11-05-2008, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

i'm up in the air about whather it should be legal or not, however I am a CJ major and that part of me tells you it should be illegal

Old 11-05-2008, 12:11 PM

I do think marijuana is a drug, just as much as alcohol. But marijuana is actually much less damaging to you, especially if vaporized like I do, I don't smoke pot I vaporize it. Marijuana is non toxic at any level, unlike alcohol which can and does kill. Marijuana when smoked even has marginally less carcinogens then tobacco, and you smoke less of it. Although tobacco and alcohol are worse for you, they are still seen as better than marijuana. Mostly because people fear what they do not know. Marijuana is not i legal because it is bad for your or society. You want to make it harder for kids to get weed, then make it legal! It is so much easier for a minor to get pot then alcohol, you can't even get alcohol delivered to your house unlike marijuana. The government could make a lot of money, and do good by making it legal. It could eliminate the blackmarekt that funds so many criminals, and make it harder for minors to get it. The government will never stop people from growing pot. Right now the two main ways they catch growers is with heat and electricity. Well LED technology is here and already has been successful at a few grows. They use 75% less electricity and produce 75% less heat, so in 10 years when everyone is using LEDs grow busts are going to almost disappear. And I think this is what will start wide spread decriminalization. It is pretty easy now to find grow houses with a FLIR camera and thats how then find them even though they need a warrant first. What they do is make a deal with the electric companies which fly around in helicopters with a camera that sees electric magnetic fields to find people stealing power, and they also hit houses with the FLIR then report hot houses to the DEA. So once they realize they can't stop these criminals with laws, they can only stop them by producing it themselves.

Old 11-05-2008, 12:57 PM

http://clubsciontc.com/index.php?com...;page=1#328920

Apparently, Massachusetts doesn't think that users should be treated like dealers.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:16 PM

t00fatt, I'm making a trip to Miami when I'm in Florida over New Years! lol.

I agree that marijuana should be legalized, there's actually a great song by The Streets called "The Irony of It All" about the differences between a drunk and a stoner. Once the government finds a way to detect your level of "highness", whether you took a hit or smoked 5 bowls from the vape, they will make it legal, along with finding a way to tax it.

It's the same with cigarettes and alcohol. Look at all the taxes for it and being able to detect your BAC. But, being high is black and white right now, you either are or you aren't, you either have THC in your blood/urine/body fat or you don't.

In the end, the government probably makes a good chunk of money right now busting people rather than taxing them, and it would take a lot of money and effort to legalize something that there isn't a huge demand for. What percent of American's smoke a decent portion of marijuana (such as 1/8oz a week)? 5%? Maybe?

99% of people smoke or drink at some point in their lifetime, there's a myriad of people who have never smoked marijuana. The demand just isn't there. Now, if we could somehow get everyone high, I think they're perspective would change. Haha.

Whether you smoke weed or drink booze, it's the same thing. You are intoxicating yourself to put your mind into a different mental state, either for pleasure or stress relief.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:45 PM

Marijuana doesn't even have to be legalize and sold. I just wish it were decriminalized. Instead of arresting me, and giving me a record give me a ticket and a fine. Marijuana does not ruin your life, the government does. What it really comes down to for me is morality. An officer who drinks and arrests some one who smokes pot, that is immoral. I can not think of anything more ironic and hypocritical.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator

so move to mass

Old 11-05-2008, 03:00 PM

If it wasn't for my family I would be in Amsterdam right now working at a seed bank. Its not very easy to just pick up, leave and start a new life. On another note I have a mild case of insomnia, I was prescribed a number of expensive and addictive sleep aids. I don't have to take those meds, because marijuana actually helps me sleep a lot better than even those meds did. So not only is it the best recreational drug to use, it has many medicinal uses that sometimes do a better job than synthetic drugs.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:06 PM

That's one of those weird things. It is illegal at the federal level and that supersedes state law. So depending on who busts you can determine whether you are a criminal or not. California "legalized" marijuana for medicinal purposes, yet people who followed the guidelines get busted by the feds.

Quick Reply: |Now What Do We Do ?