Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

2012 accord severe road noise

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 08:40 AM

Accordpos-

I know your mean well by voicing your concerns about the noisy Accord and I comend you for that.

However, I find it hard to aggree with you when you say Michenlin tires are noisy and a bad tires. It kind of makes me feel the rest of your concerns are not valid or at lease exaggerated from what they should be.

I have found in my many years of automotive experence, Michelin tires are by far the best tires made and I will always pay the extra money for these tires as a replacment.

As for the noise.

I am going to do more research on the matter and talk to the dealership's service manager. The dealership that I bought my car from is one of the best in customer service in the south region and I am sure he will advise me on the best path for this, weather covered by Honda warranty or goodwill or out of pocket. I will follow up with my findings.

Brian B

Old 10-18-2012, 09:20 PM
Default Road noise

I just purchased a 2012 Honda Accord 4cyl. that has excessive road noise on the highway. I returned to the dealer and complained about the noise. I was able to test drive a similar accord with mich. tires, not much change. I was thinking of having the car undercoated. Any thoughts would be helpful.

Old 10-19-2012, 01:41 AM
Administrator

I too have always found that the Michelins are quiet running tires..never had a car that made road noises with them on the car...

Old 10-19-2012, 04:43 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by WheelBrokerAng
I too have always found that the Michelins are quiet running tires..never had a car that made road noises with them on the car...
I'm thinking it depends upon which Michelin tire model you're talking about; the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires I used to have on our Mazda3 were really-REALLY noisy (but they wore well, had decent winter grip, and very good grip in all other driving environments).

Old 10-19-2012, 11:58 AM
Administrator

Never had the pilot tires , so I don't know about them Shipo.

Old 10-19-2012, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator

I guess the point is not "Michelin tires are quieter" because Michelin makes so many different tires.

Old 10-19-2012, 01:49 PM
Administrator

Thats the correcto answer James my friend..

Old 10-19-2012, 07:01 PM

I have a 2012 Honda LX-S and I dont hear no crazy noises. Maybe im just not that picky I guess. I think its a great car!!!

Old 10-22-2012, 03:16 PM

Since my last post about highway noise, I DID experence Loud resonance noise on the highway on my recient trip back from the beack.

The highway was kind of old patchy asphalt and it was really loud reverb noise in the car. Now I know what you are experencing as well.

I still have not gone by the dealership to talk with the service manager. I will post when I do

Additionally, I have noticed the car does not have bottom door seals. Most cars have these seals that run along the bottom of the door and seal out water and road dirt from the door jamb. My car is white and after I drive in the rain, it's very dirty in the bottom of the door jamb.

I ran a strip of foam tape along the bottom on the pass side as a test. It did not help the noise, but did keep the door jamb from being dirty.

I am going to see if Honda has a fix for this or it's just an omission from design that will have to be added by the consumer (me).

other than this problem... I LOVE THIS CAR...

so lets not throw out th baby with the bath water..

Brian B

Old 10-23-2012, 03:28 PM

Brian

Thanks for the update, good luck with the dealer and let me know how you make out.
On a note for those who are suggesting or have Michelin's, mine does as well.
Pilot HX-MXM4 and they are noisy as heck. I now have a 48 mile commute on I-95 daily and the cement/asphalt road noise is beyond belief. If anyone cares to take a ride with me some week end to hear what i hear, let me know. I did read the new 2013 accord has addressed this issue with several noise cancellation features not that it does me any good. Once again thanks Honda for resting on your name for a couple of years, money not well spent for myself. I can say i have thought to make one more attempt to put my faith back in Honda going to a 2013 but my gut is quite hesitant at this point. If anyone gets a 2013 drop us a line of what you think of it.

Happy Motoring !!!

Quick Reply: 2012 accord severe road noise