Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

2012 accord severe road noise

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 06:57 AM
Default 2012 accord severe road noise

I bought a brand new Accord LX-S Coupe thinking I was getting a quality car as advertised. I previously owned a 2001 Accord Ex Coupe and loved it. It didn’t have any of these issues on the 2001, it came with a V6, sunroof leather seats and no sound issues at all for the same price I paid for this Junker. This POS has SEVERE road noise that I have never experienced in any of the other 14 cars I have owned in my life. The dealer wants to sell me a more expensive model; Honda won't do anything and seems to state what I bought is a cheap car and i should expect the noise @ a $25k sticker price??? When you have the gas tank 3/4 full you can hear the gas splashing, the trunk seems to have some sort of shift or clunk when going over bumps. HONDA CHEAPED OUT AND DID NOT PUT ANY SOUND ABSORBING MATERIAL IN THIS CAR, THIS IS MY 3RD HONDA AND MY LAST; I AM DISGUSTED TO SAY THE LEAST. WHAT A POS CAR, THEIR QUALITY HAS GONE DOWN HILL AT THE GREED OF CORP WANTING TO MAKE MORE MONEY.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:34 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

cool story bro

Old 03-16-2012, 09:47 AM
Administrator
Talking

Sorry to see your story and hear of your problems..

WheelBrokerAng

old cars are great cars..yes!

Attached Thumbnails 2012 accord severe road noise-315589_10150787856605618_298621765617_20229114_1389241752_n.jpg  
Old 03-16-2012, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

EX vs LX. One of the differences is more soundproofing in the EX.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:55 PM
Default road noise in coupe vs. sedan

Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

I've never ridden in the coupe, so I don't know how it compares to the sedan, which is a little noisy.

I'm on my second LX-S, had a 2010 and now a 2012, both sedans (which as you know are identicle cars except for a few trim pieces). I'll admit the 2010 had a fair amount of road noise on the highway which was especially annoying on long distances, but nearly non-existant on my short commute. The 2012 hasn't gone that far (200 miles in 2 weeks), but I would assume it's going to have the same road noise. All-in-all, considering the price (barely $20k) and the GREAT gas milage, it's perfect for my needs...and looks good, too.

I guess If you are going to do a lot of highway driving, it's worth the upgrade to the EX and/or the V6.

-Tsaw

Old 03-26-2012, 10:27 AM
Default Accord Road Noise

Wanted to thank everyone who replied. When i did the research on the Accord Coupe Models; most was online with two trips to the dealers. In all cases the only difference i could find from the LX-S versus the EX was an addtitional Sub Woofer, 100 More watts on the stereo and a sun roof. I could not see spending and extra 2k for those items. There was never any mention anywhere including asking the dealers, that i could find for more sound proofing in the EX model. If i had the opportunity to road test at high speeds and on cement, i would have looked at other options due to the pronounced road noise. In any case, the car should just not be that noisy. I have had owned cheaper cars in my life and not one had this sort of issue. At this point i have given up on Honda doing anything about it with the buyer beware attitude. More than likely i will use up the current set of tires and replace them with the quieter brands suggested in the forums. When the loan is paid off, trade it in and no more Hondas Ever!!
Heck my used 76 Nova Poor mans 6 cyl no carpet coupe was better than this thing!!

Old 04-03-2012, 01:02 PM

My wife and I test drove a Accord LX-S Coupe, there was infact road noise. But only a little more than my 07 accord. We never heard the gas in the tank or anything like that. It wasn't too too bad, however it could have been better. I wouldn't just give up on Honda's in general because of that.

The way I see it, people aren't buying cars like they use to, so the keep the reliability of the car, but make some minor changes to keep in business. Giving up on Honda all together is not a good idea in my opinion because I am sure that they still make reliable cars.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:37 AM
Newest Of Newbies

I want to say the road noise is a lil less in my 07, than in my 08. Tires help, i think the stock dunlops on the 8th gens are total garbage..We changed from those to some beefy michelins, and are quite impressed with the decrease in road noise...Now the gas sloshing in the tank...nothing you can do there...

Old 04-27-2012, 03:36 PM
Default Cabin Noise

First - really like the looks and ride of my Accord.
It is a 2010 EX-L V6 sedan and is very noisy on cement highways.
It now has 22k miles. I'll try different tires when the Michilens wear out. If that doesn't quiet things down I'll be looking at Camary or the new Buick. Reliability is important so the Camary is probably a good choice.
Honda Motor Company - make noise insulation an option, I'd pay $1,000 to quiet this thing!
See comments in following update on page 2 -

Last edited by mik34; 07-18-2012 at 08:50 AM.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:55 AM

As I said above I'd have paid $1,000 more to quiet this thing.
July 2012 - The noise was really upsetting me, I went to a local Toyota Dealer, drove the Avalon and traded in the 2010 Accord on the spot. Toyota allowed $18k for the Honda, I'm now $16k poorer but 1000% happier. Consumer Reports complains about the Honda road noise in ALL models. Noise gone!!
June 18, 2011 constant road noise ... Honda Motors wake-up.
A check of "MyCar Stats.com gives a snapshot of car problems owners are concerned about.

I really liked the looks of the Accord but the noise was too much (maybe a frequency I was tuned in to) anyway, I found a few things that Toyota did to lessen the noise: 1. they put a sound deadening material in the wheel wells, looks & feels like heavy duty indoor/outdoor felt material. it appears to be installed with spacers, bolts, and wing nuts. It fills the entire rear wheel - wheel wells. 2. there is something in the door and fenders that make them sound solid when tapped with with your knuckle, not like an empty tin can, maybe something like Dynamat. Someone with a friend at a Toyota dealer might be able to get a good idea of how the wheel well sound deadening works...

Last edited by mik34; 07-18-2012 at 08:53 AM. Reason: provide information..

Quick Reply: 2012 accord severe road noise