Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

2012 accord severe road noise

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 08:06 AM
Default Cabin Noise Response

mik34

Excellent fix for the road noise issue!!! Really looking to trading this thing in for another brand hopefully by years end myself. Now that it's summer the windows are down more so the noise blends in with the surroundings
and keeps me from driving it into a pole. I did like the styling of the accord and the past quality track record i had with them but the noise is pathetic to say the least in this thing. I have to say i am curious if the 2013 model will address the issue, will wait and see on that. Really loved my old 2001 Accord, really hate this thing but as others have said i should not give up on Honda, we shall see.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:38 AM
Administrator

Toyota just had another 1.5 MILLION car recall yesterday..not always the best car that people think they are..look up their recalls in the last 3 years and you will think twice about buying their models also..

WheelBrokerAng

Old 08-25-2012, 06:11 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Road Noise, Poor Gas Mileage, we threw away 25K

This car is the worst car money can buy in the market, it has sever road noise and very poor gas mileage, I am going 2 a toyota dealership today and will probably trade it in for a brand new camry, I feel so stupid wasting money like this but the car is a piece of junk.

Old 08-25-2012, 06:18 AM
Super Moderator

So, you bought a dealer demo with 16,000 km on it and it has issues. Yes, no?

Instead of opting for a new Camry (which I like by the way), why not just work through the issues on your car and save a ton of money?

Old 08-25-2012, 07:49 AM
yal

I just hope Honda paid a lot more attention to the ride, suspension and ESPECIALLY road noise in the next model coming out this year. Its shocking how much worse it is than other cars in the class, even with tires that are rated very quiet. Its like you're driving a 90's subcompact on some roads in my Gen7 lol
I'll live with it because I like the car, its unbelievably reliable, and the Falken Azenis pt722 tires I have are fighting the good fight for me against the noise. But damn did Honda ever drop the ball on this when they moved to the newer mono chassis that are stiffer and transmit more noise.
Seriously how much more extra would it have cost per car? They tried the same nonsense on the Civic and I'm glad the critics finally let them have it! Hopefully they listened
Good news is you still get an incredible trade in value for you Honda if the noise drives you nuts hahaha

Old 08-25-2012, 12:11 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Update: just back from Toyota dealership here in Richmond Hill Ontario, test drove Camry 2012 SE, this car has the same road noise, the drive wasn't that spectacular, smooth ride, but the Accord has better control and handling, what's worse, they offered to buy the Accord for 18K, I walked out and not going back there

Old 08-26-2012, 12:34 PM
yal

Its interesting that you are updating a thread that you didnt start lol.
But stick with your Accord dude

Old 08-26-2012, 10:33 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Hey Yal.....what's up bro, I updated it coz I posted a comment saying I am gonna test drive a camry and trade in and I did test drive the camry, camry is a fantastic Car, not a luxury but a great car I just wish I hadn't bought the accord

Old 08-27-2012, 06:14 AM
Default Accord Road Noise

All

I can see i am not alone with the road noise, i appreciate the follow up.
It's been almost a year since i bought this thing and quite frankly still hate it. The radio sucks as well, fades in and out and sounds more like a cheapo AM radio win a single speaker in the dash. Once again the 2001 model i owned was nothing like this, shame on Honda for being so cheap
and riding on what was a good reputation.

By the way i paid $22.500 for this thing, at the time i thought was a great deal but alas i have lived to regret it.

accordpos

Old 08-27-2012, 06:24 AM
Newest Of Newbies

I am the idiot who paid 23600 for this thing on the road almost at the end of 2012, and it was a demo with 10K miles on it, Canadian prices are freaking inflated.....

Quick Reply: 2012 accord severe road noise