Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

2DR Accords... are they cop magnets?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 11:10 PM
MPF
Default RE: 2DR Accords... are they cop magnets?

Still haven't heard from my insurance company regarding my policy cost. I guess I'll know this week how "sporty" is the Accord for my insurance company.

I want to tint the windows to keep it cool in the summer, but I don't know how much attention will it draw... not many sports cars over here....

Next trip will be to TN/KY state line !! There is a cool lake that I want to check over there

Old 11-26-2006, 11:22 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

I dont think the tint will be an issue. Its when you get an extreme body kit, chrome rims, big wing, loud exhaust that the cops really start paying attention to you.

Going to Lake Barkley? Its pretty nice there when the weather is good.

Old 11-27-2006, 01:36 AM

Welcome to the forum MPF. I wanted to let you know that I have had my car for almost two years now and I have never been pulled over. My exhaust is very very loud and I have some other mods. i think it has to do with where you live also. In small towns cops are going to be bored and will just pull you over for the fun of it. I live close to charlotte nc and I have yet to be hassled. But you know I don't race around town. Don't worry about what happened. You were very lucky. Hondas are not a target. I have a modded car and I have never been pulled. Nor has my husband and he is so annoying in the car. He likes to race. Also from what I know about following traffic on any interstate you shoudl follow them because they will be pulled over not you. I actually do this all the time. One time I followed this speeding person on the interstate and a state trooper came up behind me with his lights and I got out of his way and he pulled over the guy in front of me. So from what I have experienced the person in front gets pulled over. Don't worry be happy about your new honda!!!!

Old 11-27-2006, 02:12 AM
MPF

A friend of mine did the same: followed a speeding car, going over 80mph on 65. Don't know how, but they both got pulled over.

I believe it does depend on the town you are driving through. It pisses me off that the guy pulled me over in an area where the speed limit changes every block, from 20mph to 45mph. Anyways I got lucky and got away with it.

Lake Barkley or Kentucky Lake, either one I would like to check. I used to sail, but not anymore since I moved out of the coast. Lakes around here are too shallow, plus sailing in the Ohio river is not interesting at all for me.

Old 11-27-2006, 09:32 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: poser_pilot6

Dude, doing 21 over the speed limit is a cop magnet. Im amazed that he didnt ticket you. I generally stick to five over as a rule of thumb also. I have never gotten pulled over when I didnt deserve it. My tickets were for 72 in a 55 and for racing (yeah, Im an idiot). I wouldnt say the Accord is a cop magnet, but then, if you start tricking out your car, it will draw attention. Thats just how it works. Dont drive crazy, you should stay under the radar. No pun intended.

u are lucky that he didn't take you to jail and impound your car for driving that far over the limit on a SIDE street.