Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Car Club!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 01:10 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered
Default RE: Car Club!

Thats why I only want to do a 1.5 drop, any lower just makes it too big of a risk for scraping lol. And the roads around here kinda suck too. It shouldnt cost too much, its probably around $200 for a set of four springs, and with the little amount Im going to lower it, I can hold off on getting struts and a camber kit for a while. If I was going to drop it 3 inches, I would want to do it all at once.

Well when I get new rims, if you want the ones I have now, I'll give them to you. What part of Illinois are you in? Im in Northwest TN, about 50 miles NW of Nashville, and I dont think Illinois is all that far from TN.

Old 01-21-2007, 01:51 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Yeah. There are a few places with drives here that I already scrape. $200 isnt as bad as I thought, but how much would the struts and camber kit be? I dont really know much about the suspension!

Would you really?! Because that would be AWESOME! I live in central Illinois so I think we'd have to getthem shipped. If you left the tires on and what not I would give you some $$ too. Have any close ups of the rims? Sorry, that would just be amazing as I havent had any such fortune like this! And when are you planning on getting new rims? Are they about the same size as oem, or do you think I would have the get them alligned? Thanks man

Old 01-21-2007, 02:05 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

Struts are the expensive part, Im not positive, but I think for the good KYB struts, you are probably looking at $400 for a set of four?

Im planning on keeping the tires I have, they are pretty much new, only like 2k miles on them. I will take some close ups when it stops raining (may be a couple days lol). If you want them, you pay for shipping and they are yours. They are 17s, I believe they are 7 inches wide. I dont think you would need to get an alignment, but you might.

I should be getting new rims before April. Just waiting for my wife to get her W2s from her job so we can go file taxes.

Old 01-21-2007, 02:08 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

$400, ouch!
Thats fine, I'll check out the pics and have to see how much tires are n such! Thanks in advance for the pics, and the deal!

I have to change my oil, but ill be back on later....before the BEARS!

Old 01-21-2007, 02:29 PM

I think if you're older than 17 you're too old for a car club.Honestly in my opinion car clubs are a bunch of dorks who think theyre cool.Its just my opinion

Old 01-21-2007, 03:26 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

Aw, whats the matter? Some club somewhere wouldnt let you join lol?

Its just a chance to network with people who share the same interest and passion in cars as you do, and sometimes it increases your chances to get a sponsorship. Also, you can get access to group buys, possible discounts because of a club membership, etc. And you meet people who can help you out with working on your car, or who might know where to get deals, what local shops to avoid, stuff like that. It isnt like you're joining a gang lol.

Old 01-21-2007, 04:38 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

I agree w/ poser_pilot6. The only people who think you are dorks are the ones who dont know a spark plug from a dipstick and have no interest in cars. I'll take cars anyday over the stupid overfamed celebrities and the people who lower themselves to all that gossip crap.

Old 01-21-2007, 09:33 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

Exactly. Hey, whats a spark plug again?

By the way, congrats on your team winning. It was a game until Brees had that intentional grounding in his own end zone, then it was all Bears.

Old 01-21-2007, 10:23 PM
Administrator

Da Bears....[sm=bounceybounce.gif]

Old 01-21-2007, 10:41 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Actually, my favorite is when people get in there car and blast the heater right after the car has been started on a cold morning, or let it warm up for 10 minutes! Or even those "show offs" who floor it when its cold as heck.

Thanks! I was getting worried when the 2nd half began. Then your right, after that safety....the Bears came out like never before. I hope they can do the same w/ the Patriots.