Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

COPS

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 02:07 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default COPS

Okay, well cops really irritate me. Tonight I was waiting to turn left and an unmarked Impala pulls up behind me and I could tell it was a cop from their steelies w/ the chrome hub in the middle. Anyways, so I get the green arrow and go. Im goinga lil over 45 (the speed limit) and he just flies by me in the lane to my right and doesnt even signal what so ever. So eventually the road gets to a 2 lane highway and I was going 60 (speed limit 55) and he was going at least 70. No lights, and he wasnt after anyone because on the hill no one was even on the road! Basically my point is this: Why would police expect citizens to follow rules when the police themselves can't even follow the laws they are supposed to be enforcing?[:@]
What are your thoughts?

Old 09-22-2006, 02:19 AM
Default RE: COPS

He must have been on the way to the donut shop. But yeah i hate that too(not that i drive yet but we had a class discussion over this). cops in my town arent respected as much at my town because theres literally 11 policeman on the force lol. The only way they can give you a ticket here is they park their car in the lot next to the school hoping for someone to go over the limit just a little. Other than that they are just law breaking citizens that went all out for halloween(officer suit and a car with a set of lights on top)in a town of 5k people.

Old 09-22-2006, 04:56 AM

The town I grew up (pop. 25,000) had one of the highest cop to citizens ratios in the U.S., at least back when I was in high school 6 years ago. At the time I owned an 81 Datsun 280ZX and I got pulled over at least 6 times in that town in one year. I was never issued a ticket or given a written/verbal warning of any kind. They always hoped that I was stoned or drunk etc. The cop would walk be walking up to my car, shine his flashlight all through the back of my car, shine his light in my eyes and then say, "Disregard this, simple error". At first I though they were looking for someone who had the same vehicle as me, no chance, not in the town or state that I lived in. That Z was painted a color that no other Z or any car similiar to it had. But so far no trouble with other cops except for a rookie NY highway patrolman. I think the younger you are the more pressure you get from police.

Old 09-22-2006, 07:30 AM

well i live in knoxville tn every day i see cops not using turn signals/speeding/ yapping on cell phones. ive even seen one turn his siren and lights on just to make it through traffic. ive even seen a cop car with a radar detector i was like wtf does a cop car need a radar detector. and just think guys when we pay taxes we pay their salaries thats what pisses me off

Old 09-22-2006, 08:24 AM

Reminds me of the cops down here. Some of the worst drivers on the road. Cutting people off and going 90 in a 45...

ORIGINAL: 19Accord97
Why would police expect citizens to follow rules when the police themselves can't even follow the laws they are supposed to be enforcing?[:@]
Well, there really isn't anyone that can enforce the traffic rules for them. I guess some of them feel they can do it because they no they won't get pulled over. It's a shame that they don't set the example, since that really sends a great message to people. I know when I see a cop speed past me I'm not going to be going the speed limit much longer!

Old 09-22-2006, 07:23 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Its mainly dependent on the cop, theres a few like that where i live, and there are a few that just go 5 below the speed limit.......... those cops **** me off even more..... cause youve always got the moron thats scared to go the speedlimit and pass him.

Old 09-23-2006, 06:07 PM

Over here in sunny old England (ha),there has been a case settled recentley of a police driver doing 159 mph,yes you read it right 159 mph on one of our 70 mph motorways.He was testing the car.
He got of with a slap on the wrist that did not affect his career.

Old 04-14-2007, 12:47 AM
pyrogeek
Unregistered

cops in florida are split.
half are the kind that drive 5 under the limit, and half are the kind that do 20 over with no lights.
and i love it when they flash their lights to run a red light and then turn 'em off. that really gets me going.
the worst part is that theres really nothing we can do. cops will be cops. there will always be the ones that abuse their power.
but be honest...if u knew u could get away with doing 120+ in broad daylight with out any trouble... wouldnt you?

Old 04-14-2007, 03:31 AM

The only ones that really hack me off is when they get behind you when you are doing the speed limit...then they stay back there....and stay back there......
I don't mind the ones that fly by. I usually speed up some because how is he going to pull me over for speeding when he can't really tell how fast I was going anyway?
The women cops down here are the WORST though. All of them are on a power trip and like to stick it to men.

Old 04-14-2007, 10:16 PM
Super Moderator

compared to your guy's stories the cops in my town seem nice. They all do about 10mph over the limit, and wont pull anyone over unless they are doing at least 15mph over.

I was with my friend when he got pulled over doing 55mph in a 30. the cop was pretty cool and wrote it up as 40 in a 30.

however they do have a hard time figuring out how to work the directionals.

Quick Reply: COPS