Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
View Poll Results: A poll
Thieves
15.38%
Police
38.46%
Pan Handlers (Beggars)
0%
Hood Rat/Gang Banger types
15.38%
Fat Chicks (LOL)
7.69%
Parts Dealers (LOL)
0%
Nope, nothing unusual.
23.08%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Does your car attract the wrong type of attention?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 07:32 AM
Default Does your car attract the wrong type of attention?

I recently bought myself a gorgious 98 Honda Accord EX and within 3 days of having it, I had someone try to rob me (Possibly Jack my car) at a corner store the 2nd day I had it. The 3rd day I had some loser dope dealer guy come to my door and ask me for help. Which I got the feeling was just a ploy to scope out my car and home. When asked why he chose to come to my door, his response was "I saw the nice car and thought you'd be a nice guy and give me a ride". Well yeah maybe if you didn't just tell me you broke down and had to get away from your car because it had $8k worth of drugs stashed in it and you were carrying crystal meth in your pocket!

I was just wondering if any of you experience/notice if your cars attract the wrong kind of attention and if so what kind do you think is most prominent.

Old 09-20-2006, 07:19 PM
Default RE: Does your car attract the wrong type of attention?

i dont get too much attention in my car, so far all ive done is swap out the lights for projectors and did the air intake. So i guess it turns a few heads when i give it a little gas, but nothing that will draw negitave attention to it

Old 09-20-2006, 07:47 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Usually it doesnt get much attention except from the wannabe skaters at my school who need to die. Actually when I drove by the park they asked if I wanted to race. But usually people just think my car is retarded and "why would you pimp out an Accord?" gets asked quite often. w/e....

Old 09-20-2006, 08:22 PM

my car doesnt get much attention(because im not 16 yet and its still not outa the shop),but when it gets its body kit on it and turn 16 i'll get all the ladies. It just depends on what kind of look you have on your car. Example, if you drive a lime green cadillac with chrome/gold 20's or 24's your gonna turn alotta ghetto heads(that think that you are a gangsta)[sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]. Thats why you buy a honda accord...trick it out(exterior or under the hood or both)...and get a license plate that says something like 'ladysonly'. Sometimes, thats the only way you can get 'wanted' attention if you know what i mean.

Old 09-20-2006, 10:52 PM

Yeah, I gotta agree with most of the others. My car is pertty much stock except for sri and strut tower brace, and soon obx ss headers. But the outside is nothing fancy, a car that is 11 years old and has door dings and other wear and tear doesn't get much attention. I have only recieved 1 compliment on my car, a fat chick sitting out front of a circle k. I was with my wife too so I know that she wasn't looking for a ride and also, I don't have a trailer hitch.

Old 09-21-2006, 09:50 PM

My car turns heads mostly at my school cuz most of the imports have sh!ty bodykits and rims toooo big for there car. But all i got right now is 18" RT5's toyo proxes, injen cai, magnaflow catback, 2 10" MTX subs 5500 tunder series, rockford fosgate 1500 watt amp, and other small stuff. Oh and cops, but they can go to ****shame on you..

Someday you might need that cop that you want to send to ****.

Old 09-21-2006, 10:58 PM

Mine draws the comments I want to hear like- "Man your car looks great, who details it for you"? To which I reply "I do, would you like for me to do yours"?

Old 09-22-2006, 12:58 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I get random people trying to race me, and stupid kids who think they are racing me even though im shifting at 3000rpm's

most recent guy trying to race me was a base model monte carlo..... all i was doing was driving home.... and it was heavy traffic...... i couldnt help but laugh to myself and just ignore him while hoping something went wrong cause he had to rev it high for me to even hear his car

Old 09-22-2006, 01:47 AM

Yeah, thats one of the things I noticed with my new exhaust. People always try to race me when I'm running errands. It seems when some of these "street racers" see anything other than stock they immediately pull up next to you and rev.

Old 09-22-2006, 10:40 PM

Same thing here. Almost everyday that I leave home someone revs up beside me and tries to race me. It's actually very annoying. Alot of people compliment my car. I've been told that it looks like a Volvo and also a BMW. I have had a man in a truck roll down his window in his truck while I passed him on I-95 going to Florida and he said that the car sounded great. The racing thing is very annoying. But my husband enjoys it. Once we were driving on I-40 in NC and my husband owned this teenager in a 98 civic with performance exhaust over and over. At one point we were going 110mph and the civic was very far behind. My husband slowed down and the civic caught back up and then my husband proceded to leave the civic again. This amazed me. We haven't ever raced like that since but that was crazy. That little car couldn't even catch up.

Quick Reply: Does your car attract the wrong type of attention?