Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Ebay: did I finally get ripped off?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 10:54 AM
Default Ebay: did I finally get ripped off?

So here's the story, of a lovely lady, who has beaten her cell phone to a pulp.... so anyway, my wife's phone is/was on it's last leg, so I called good ol' verizon only to find out that their cheapest bottom of the line phone was $129.99. I'm like, how about no. So ready or not here I come ebay! I sift through phones, buy it now, etc. for two days, read every description and disclaimer, read all of the persons feedback etc. I wind up on a nice silver RAZR, I e-mail the seller to confirm that it is ready to be activated and that it's the right color, the seller has bought and sold over 90 items and has 100% perfect feedback. So I buy it and a nice new faceplate cover for the phone on the 17th. Well the faceplate came in on the 21st and I still haven't seen the phone, the seller even told me (after I bought the phone) that he would scan the shipping reciept with tracking number (UPS Priority mail) when he shipped it out. I have sent him multiple e-mails and have not heard a word back yet and still haven't seen the phone, or a tracking number (granted it is shipping from South Carolina) Should I be worried yet? because I am....

Old 06-23-2007, 11:42 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: Ebay: did I finally get ripped off?

No, I wouldnt be worried. I buy everything off eBay and have never been ripped off. Considering the feedback and number of items sold, I would say you are fine. A number of things can happen, you have to remember that eBay isnt everyones priority so some family issue may have came up or they arent the fastest shipper. I would just wait for two full weeks max, and then find out the deal. Just be polite when e-mailing. If you make them mad they might not care if they "accidentally" drop your newly purchased phone.
I have had items come to me from 4 days to 2.5 weeks (which only happened once).
Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Old 06-23-2007, 11:52 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Give em a few days. Alot of people have better things to do on the weekends.

Old 06-23-2007, 11:55 AM

I have been polite I'm not a very excitable person. I just worry because buying an ebay cell phone can provide a bunch of different issues. Not to mention my wife is getting impatient *L* He seems to be a pretty stand up guy but given the way all of his feedback reads this just sounds out of the ordinary for him... you're probably right though, something may have come up family wise.

Old 06-23-2007, 08:59 PM

Good things come to those who wait.

People are inherently good...but sometimes lazy. Your order will get to you one way or another. I remember waiting 1.5 weeks for my intake...I was about to file a complaint when UPS ran my doorbell. Talk about timing.

Old 06-23-2007, 11:48 PM

I agree. Wait a while. Something could have come up or UPS (or whatever shipping method used) could also screw up. My wife buys stuff off of ebay like crazy. The only time she ever got ripped off is when her dumb @$$ sent cash one time and the seller immediately dropped their ebay account never to be seen again. She only lost about$10 but I was still like "you never send cash sweetheart, that's just asking to be taken advantage of." It will come. I have seen some things take up to a month to get here, but they always get here.

Old 06-23-2007, 11:53 PM
Administrator

Give him a couple of more days to give you a e-mail at least, then call him if you have the number..e-bay is becoming my not so fun place to visit anymore..

WheelBrokerAng [:'(]

Old 06-24-2007, 01:00 PM

I just go for the adernaline eBay Junkie Rush. (aka bid in the last 20 seconds)

Old 06-24-2007, 11:52 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: 03Sleeper

I just go for the adernaline eBay Junkie Rush. (aka bid in the last 20 seconds)
hehe

I do that to, but it quickly goes from "HAHA I WIN SUCKERS!" to "WTF" when you bid with 1.345 seconds remaining, and yet somehow, somewhere, someway, that other person sneaks one in!

Old 06-25-2007, 12:32 PM

Yeah...that happened to me yesterday when I was bidding on a new cell phone.

It went my 76 (my max bid) to 98....within the last 2 seconds.

Quick Reply: Ebay: did I finally get ripped off?