Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Ebay: did I finally get ripped off?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 01:59 PM
Default RE: Ebay: did I finally get ripped off?

I got an e-mail from the guy yesterday and sure enough he had been gone on vacation. He shipped it Tuesday of last week so hopefully I will see it today! I got a great deal on it so I can't complain.... it was like $82.00 w/shipping for a barley used Motorola Razr...

Old 06-25-2007, 03:08 PM

Glad to hear it worked out. My wife is getting pretty mad about something she bought from one of the ebay store people. She ordered it about a month or so ago along with another thing. She got a deal on the shipping for buying more than one thing from the same store. One thing got to our house within a week and she is still waiting for the other thing (I do not know what they are as apparently she bought these "things" for my birthday coming up on July 4). Anyway...the seller apparently didn't have the one item in stock, so they had to get it shipped to them, then ship it down here to MS.
Oh yeah... anybody that has bought a Bomz intake off of ebay...how big was the box? I suspect my wife bought one for me cause I saw a box & she opened it and said she "didn't know if it was the right thing because she didn't expect the item to be that big." The box was about 3 ft long and 8 inches wide on the sides. She offered to let me look at it to check, but I declined because I didn't want to spoil the surprise.
Nasty, I'm not trying to threadjack here. I justdidn't want to waste space on the forumstarting a thread on something I'll find out for sure in about 9 days.

Old 06-25-2007, 03:43 PM

Those box dimensions sound pretty accurate for a SRI... That's a cool gift. I wonder what the other item is then... perhaps she bought a better airfilter with it? For as much as I love e-bay and ordering things I hate the inconsitencies that come with it.... I ordered the phone and a cover for it the same day, one got here last thursday and I'm still waiting on the other.... but on the plus side I ordered a brand new set of stainless steel cuisinart pans and got a 14 piece set for $165.00 shipped from amazon (free shipping) and it's supposed to be here tommorrow! Happy B-Day a few days early! are you going to be Old or just older?

Old 06-25-2007, 03:44 PM

Oh and don't worry about thread jacking me. You're fine. If you weren't I'd just delet your post! *LOL* J/k I'm not that sensitive about that sort of thing.

Old 06-25-2007, 04:22 PM

I'll be 24. Haha my wife will be 25 in September so she hates me for it!On Friday she will be 5 months pregnant with our first baby (a girl! goodby $!) I guess I'm gonna have to teach her how to drive a standard, haha maybe I'llstill have the LX when she's 16!
I didn't tellthe wifeabout the better air filter thing. I didn't actually believe she would get me the SRI. At the time I was not sure if I wanted an AEM Dryflow or a K&N.
I have no idea what the other item(s) are that she ordered. I guess that will be a surprise!
I'll let you guys know if it is the SRI or not and if I decide to go AEM Dryflow or K&N. It all will depend on which filter is available at my local auto parts stores since I know I won't want to wait for it to ship.
I will now be requesting OBX headers for Christmas! I just got to decide on ceramic or stainless.

Old 06-25-2007, 04:46 PM

Sounds like your wife got pregnant about the same time we had our little boy! *L* He'll be 5 months on the 8th of July and I just turned 26 in march... As for the goodbye $$ you're pretty right on with that one.... If you decide to go the formula route all I can say is start signing up for baby newsletters now and they'll send you checks for $4-$7.00 off a can of formula (and at $13 a can it's worth it....) If it wasn't for some of the programs out there I'd be spending over $160.00/month for formula alone! none the less congrats on the new baby! Got a name picked out yet?

Old 06-25-2007, 11:03 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

I got an e-mail from the guy yesterday and sure enough he had been gone on vacation. He shipped it Tuesday of last week so hopefully I will see it today! I got a great deal on it so I can't complain.... it was like $82.00 w/shipping for a barley used Motorola Razr...
Im Happy to see your getting your phone from that e-bay sale..sometimes the seller forgets that they even have an item in there I think

WheelBrokerAng

Old 06-26-2007, 09:24 AM

Yep....Lucy June. Lucy after my wife's late grandmother, and June after my late mother.
Oh yeah, congrats on the new cookware! That's a pretty dang good deal you got there!
Oh yeah, if anyone has ever thought about bying one of those "Pasta Express" things you see on TV or at Bed Bath & Beyond....do NOT buy it. It is a waste of $10. If you do not know what I am talking about, it is a big plastic tube that you putdry pasta in andpour in boiling water then put the lid on. Then you let it sit for about 10 or 15 minutes and supposedly you get perfectly cooked pasta. What a crock. Luckily I got mine for freeat an office Christmas party and have tried to use it twice. It sucks royal d***...does the exact opposite of what it says it does. The pasta is still hard in the middle and it is all stuck together. The reason I am bringing this up is I tried to use it again last night and it royally pi$$ed me off and made a huge mess. I'm throwing it away.

Old 06-26-2007, 10:50 AM

*ROFL* I'm glad you said something actually because I've been considering getting one to try.... That's funny..... Well good news! My phone did in fact come in last night, completely as described, looks brand new, activated just fine and works just fine! Not to mention it was a model up from the one that I was expecting so it has the expansion slot for a micro SD card!

As for the pan set I figured that $164.00 is a lot of money but that's barley over $11.00 per piece (14 piece set) and for those prices if I don't like it then I'll just shine it up and get a hanging rack and use it for display purposes *L*

Old 06-26-2007, 05:18 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Go SS....you can always coat them with hi-temp paint later. (and its cheaper).