Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Ever have one of those days....

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 10:11 PM
Default Ever have one of those days....

You know, long day at work and when you get home you just wanna have a drink and relax? Good. Me too! Today was one of those days. Got home and wanted a drink but took the wife to dinner first. Then the grocery store. I was dreaming up a new drink to try and figured if we were gonna go to the grocery store I should get some ingredients. It errr..didn't turn out so well, but that's another story.

We got home and start putting away groceries, and I decided to start fixing the experimental drink I dreamed up. So, we got out a few cans of 7UP and I put two on the counter and while handing one to my wife, the can in my left hand slipped out. When it hit the floor there was a loud "PoP" and 7UP shot all over my kitchen! All over me, all over her, all over my floor, all over the front of my stove, the recycle bucket...that crap went everywhere. So now, not only do I not get my drink, I gotta clean the kitchen....after I take a shower because I'm covered head to toe with 7UP.

I've calmed down a bit now, had a shower, and a drink (made a double!) but figured I'd share that little gem with the forum........sean

Old 05-12-2015, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator

Yea, know those days. Had one last week, everything at work just didn't seem to go right and everytime I turned around something else was going on.

On the ride home thinking of a nice adult drink when I get home......walk in the door and the first thing the wife tells me is the diashwasher is acting up.....great. Two hours later I "re-set" a gear inside the thing that had "found" a way to pop out of place.

By the time I was done with all of that, all I wanted was something to eat and go to sleep

Old 05-12-2015, 06:11 PM

Twenty-five years ago, I went through a bitter divorce, plus at the same time the company where I'd been working at for 15 years closed their doors without notice. I found another job, but at 1/3 the pay, however the court based my child support on what I had earned the previous year. I continued to make support payments yet was lagging behind and on the day I was called back into court, I was $30 in rears... Yep, $30. The judge hit the gavel and gave me a year in the county jail.

A day straight from hell, right?

I did 9 1/2 months on the year and while I was in lock-up, I met a fellow inmate who gave me an introduction to his employer (who was holding his job).... saying, 'when you get out, go see him'

Turned out to be the BEST job I ever had in my life.. in 5 years' time I was night foreman, being paid to walk around the shop and drink coffee.

Bottom line: lemons into lemonade

Not sure if this post applies here... but that afternoon in court sure seemed like, 'one of those days'

Anyhow, thanks for letting me share

Wishing everyone a great day

Last edited by Prospector; 05-12-2015 at 11:34 PM.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:44 PM

After a long day at work, 12 1/4 hour shift I go home and have a cold one. Caffeine free diet Mt Dew. Sad, very sad.

It's amazing how many boxes of cereal a machine can destroy in 12 hours. Even more amazing is that management doesn't seem to care enough to fix the problem! Our company was just sold just over a week ago, so who knows what is going to happen.

Old 05-12-2015, 11:28 PM

Here's one that applies...

A friend of mine just purchased a 2015 Civic less than 3 weeks ago, she hasn't even made the 1st payment.. on her way home from work (daylight, dry road, two lane) while stopped with turn signal on waiting to make a left turn.. a 16 year old, newly licensed driver hit the Civic from behind... not once, mind you... three times.

The young lady said that she got the gas & brake peddles confused.

Fortunately, no one was injured... the Civic had to be towed.

Yikes !!... one of those days

Last edited by Prospector; 05-12-2015 at 11:31 PM.
Old 05-13-2015, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator

Two of em:

First one is a "friend-of-a-friend" story, so take it with a grain of salt.
Guy buys a brand-new Renault-5 back in the '70s. Remember those? ON THE WAY HOME FROM THE DEALER he sees a bunch of his friends doing an autocross in a parking lot. He borrows a helmet & ends up rolling his new car onto it's roof.

This next one happened to me.
I had a Saab 9.2x aero which is a re-badged Subaru WRX. The 2010 Saab owners convention included a track day at Nelson Ledges road course. I was having an absolute blast. Until it started running funny - I could barely keep it going into the pits. It either dropped a valve or spun a bearing. It really REALLY sounded ugly. I'm glad my wife didn't change the locks on the house before I got home.