Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Figures

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator
Default Figures

Go figure.

I had just given up on the deer hunt from the back porch and these little guys come walking out.

Not the best pic but there were at least eight there. Thought about taking a shot but a 30-06 would have just made a mess if I got one, wouldn't be much left for a Christmas turkey. So I just shot them with the camera.

Got at least three more days to hunt, we'll see what happens.

Attached Thumbnails Figures-turkey3.jpg  
Old 12-23-2014, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by poorman212
Go figure.

I had just given up on the deer hunt from the back porch and these little guys come walking out.

Not the best pic but there were at least eight there. Thought about taking a shot but a 30-06 would have just made a mess if I got one, wouldn't be much left for a Christmas turkey. So I just shot them with the camera.

Got at least three more days to hunt, we'll see what happens.
The turkey population up here in New England has exploded to such a degree there are some days I almost trip over them during my trail runs. On he straight they give me a pretty wide berth, but if I come around a curve or corner or something, I've been able to surprise them (and they me) and have gotten within ten feet or so before they scurry off into the woods.

BTW, my favorite turkey round is a .17 HMR.

Last edited by shipo; 12-23-2014 at 10:34 AM.
Old 12-23-2014, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

Yea, I almost brought my .22 here to the in-laws. Now I'm kicking myself for only bringing the 30-06.

The dang thing is there is a blind set up almost right where they were. You can barely see it in the picture - to the left of the left oak tree about half way up. But being lazy, I was just sitting on the back porch.....nice to be able to sit there and drink coffee, walk inside every now and then - sometimes I just look out the back door as I'm sitting at the kitchen table. Yes I'm a lazy hunter and the wildlife around the house is use to a little noise so it works for me

Old 12-28-2014, 03:41 PM
Administrator

PoorMan, that sounds like and looks like a great place to sit and enjoy a cup -O-Coffee and relax..

Wheel

Old 12-28-2014, 09:35 PM
Super Moderator

It is/was. Never saw anything else the rest of the time I was there, wasn't really trying. Just one if those things that if it comes along....take it. If not, just enjoy the coffee, sights and sounds. ~86 acres of land in the middle of nowhere can bring a lot of that.