Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Free HP = Weight Reduction!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 10:58 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Free HP = Weight Reduction!!!!

So your point is that everyone in this forum that mods their Accords are fools. Also, you are calling Chio's civic that will slaughter your CL a POS and Shadow's accord that will eat your CL alive a POS, among many others. Not only are you being VERY disrespectful to people that you have asked for advice, you are sounding like a pompus POS yourself!

Sorry Angelo, my tongue has way too many bite marks for another.

Old 01-23-2008, 01:18 AM

ORIGINAL: j_man_honda

This process will also improve yourgas mileage as well.There ya go... If you plan on building a N/A Accord for the track, street, or whatever else, this extra HP can be helpful. And hey, if your planning to race somebody soon, justtake some stuff out and keep your gas tank at 1/4 or less, and you'll have even better chances of winning...
I don't think the OP was suggesting it for getting girls or for a dd. Some of us can't afford cl's. I wanted to get a car that I could pay cash for and have fairly low insurance. At this point in my life i'm just too po' to afford a cl let alone double the insurance costs. Thanks for reminding me of how poor I am

I guess since I have a POS car with no resale value i'll have to run it into the ground and use the money I will save and put towards something better and faster in the future. Eh, maybe not I gotta keep saving for a house. As for now I'll do a slight weight redox to make my car feel a bit faster and keep pretending my car is a tl-s b/c I have a sway bar and strut bar from it. lol

Seriously though. Did you have a bad day or something? Is it really necessary to put us down for trying to make do with what we have?

Old 01-23-2008, 07:25 AM

ORIGINAL: YeuEmMaiMai

instead of making my car a pos that one could not even sell for a decent amt when you are ready to get rid of it, I would start with a FASTER CAR.............saving up for something faster up front = way less hassle of trying to make it faster because you are not happy with it.

gutting a car is like watching a bunch of retards trying tomake love toa door ****.........it serves nopurpose.....hey look at me I got a gutted out car that cannot even beat a guy on a bicycle......... but hey to each their own.
Your argument is completely ignorant and pointless. If everyone that wanted a faster car, started with a faster car, there wouldn't be any variety in what we all drive. Please think before you type.

Old 01-23-2008, 08:31 AM
Super Moderator

Back to the weightloss topic for now...

A friend of mine was working ona bicycle for a guy I had never met. It was areally nicebike, a Klein. It had all Super-Record components, even had meticulously drilled a series of holes in the chainrings for lightening. Mounted the rear brake underneath the seatstays for less aero drag. It must have weighed about 12 pounds with the water bottle full.

Then one day I met the guy. He was about 40 pounds overweight...

Old 01-24-2008, 06:53 PM

SOOOOOO...YeuEmMaiMai .... u r refering to me as an idiot b/c i don't have the $$$ to buy afaster car and have to tune my accord?Where's Shadow? I'll bet he kick ur butt anytime (even a "fast, expensive car")...
[:@]im pissed...

Old 01-24-2008, 06:55 PM

ORIGINAL: BlkCurrantKord

ORIGINAL: YeuEmMaiMai

instead of making my car a pos that one could not even sell for a decent amt when you are ready to get rid of it, I would start with a FASTER CAR.............saving up for something faster up front = way less hassle of trying to make it faster because you are not happy with it.

gutting a car is like watching a bunch of retards trying tomake love toa door ****.........it serves nopurpose.....hey look at me I got a gutted out car that cannot even beat a guy on a bicycle......... but hey to each their own.
Your argument is completely ignorant and pointless. If everyone that wanted a faster car, started with a faster car, there wouldn't be any variety in what we all drive. Please think before you type.
100% agree w/ Blk... basides, where's the fun of tunning ur car then?