Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Funniest questions/comments you've gotten about your car.

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 09:06 AM
Default RE: Funniest questions/comments you've gotten about your car.

To keep this thread on topic:

"You must get good gas mileage. What do you have in there? A V4?"

Old 10-10-2008, 10:54 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd

To keep this thread on topic:

"You must get good gas mileage. What do you have in there? A V4?"
Has there ever been a car with a V4? I know V4 outboards and bike motors love to vibrate like crazy. That would really suck in a car...

EDIT: The funniest thing I heard was from my old stoner friend, he is like 46 or 47 now. I was showing him my new CVX and showing him how much better the quality was, and how now I can have my trunk back b/c I only have one sub now. Well he tells me why don't I take the spare tire out and mount the sub on that 1/4" ply that covers the spare tire hole. Then he was arguing with my how it would be fine... But that's kinda how the cat is, he's a mechanic and thinks he knows everything, and you can't tell him and differently lol.

Old 10-10-2008, 11:01 AM

Jon its good to see you again, thought you left us. Hows the little one?

I was in new hampshire once to visit a friend and do a little work on the car. It turned out to be a 6-7 hour drive, i didnt it right as i got out of work. So I arrived in NH at around 12AM. My friend told me to call him cause the road they were staying on wasnt on any maps. So I meet him on the side of the road and we BS for a few minutes before heading out. Now were on a long dark road with no street lights and no traffic and all woods. It was right on Newfound Lake in NH. anyway my buddy peels out (He has a 300C) and does a 180 to get back in the direction of the house, I follow suit but seeing that i have less than half his HP and im FWD mine isnt as drastic. As soon as we pull onto the street this cop jumps up right behind us, it was like that sceen out of harold and kumar. At first it just looked like public safety so we didnt stop, but then i caught the sight of POLICE on his hood. anyway he walks out of his truck and approaches my window.

Copo you know why i pulled you over?
Me: No sir, I dont.
Cop:Because of those bat turns you just did.
Me: Oh, ok?

The cop goes back to to his truck after he talks to my friend and he hands us warnings. as he was on his way back to his truck to leave i asked him.

Me: Excuse me sir, but whats a bat turn?
Cop:Oh, well your probably too young to remember the batman TV show, but thats what the car did in the show.
Me: Oh, ok?

That warning now hangs on my fridge.

BTW i do remember that show, and it was terrible.

2nd story:
I was talking to a friend quite a few years ago, before i bought my car and while i was looking for a car. I mentioned that i wanted a standard. He agreed that would be the way to go because they are eaiser to drive. I looked at him kinda puzzled, and this is the convo that followed.

Me: Well standard isnt ALL that easy
Him:Sure it is, its the easiest.
Me: Um, I think your mistaken. A manual can be rather tricky.
Him:Oh a manual, see when you said standard I thought automatic.
Me: Really?! Why?
Him:Well, you see, automatics are becoming more and more common that the industry is calling them standards.
Me: RIIIIGHT

Old 10-10-2008, 11:31 AM

well thats why they use to call maunels standards they use to be the standard, automatics cost extra

Old 10-10-2008, 04:03 PM

ORIGINAL: Fenix

Jon its good to see you again, thought you left us. Hows the little one?
Yeah I know I've been gone for a while. the insurance claims roll in like crazy at the end of the summer for some reason. Also they have me handling ALL of my company's Work Comp claims now. So i am handling: Auto, Liability, Property, Inland Marine, Workers Comp, and Surety Bond claims. I did get a 10% raise afew months ago though

The little one is wonderful. Here's a pic of me andher on the beach from September: